Author Topic: Swrve cigarette shorts  (Read 1572 times)

Swrve cigarette shorts
« on: May 22, 2014, 04:37:50 pm »
Expensive but pretty good. Worn them for 3 weeks commuting so far.

Lycra cotton mix feels heavy duty.  Zip and button seem sturdy as they should be. (wish endura would take note). Stitching looks good.
I got the slim fit, and they are.  They're shorter in the leg on me than I thought they'd be but not by much and its not an issue to me.
Pockets & belt loops well designed.

Only slight gripe is theyre lower cut that I'd have liked, at the back.

I think they'll prove to be worth it for me, though there seems to be a rash of "cycle specific" clothing lines from likes of levi, and others which I would also look at next time.

Re: Swrve cigarette shorts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 08:08:46 am »
Have you tried wearing these with undershorts ? I like the look these but not sure they would be comfortable with undershorts for longer rides.
123 Miles East of Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 03:42:20 pm »
No, not tried that.  They're pretty slim cut. undershorts might fit but would mean not a lot of air circulating there.

(i only tried undershorts 1 time, on an old pair of endura humvels. i found them too hot)

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:59:56 am »
Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying about the heat issue. I'm trying to find a way out of wearing Lycra.
123 Miles East of Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 03:35:10 pm »
Was impressed enough with the shorts that I bought myself the 3/4 version recently too. Seem just as good.
I'm 6", 32 waist: I;d prefer the legs to be a cm or so longer. Apart from that, very nice fit.