Author Topic: Music on Mobile Phones  (Read 1083 times)

Music on Mobile Phones
« on: 08 November, 2020, 11:14:00 am »
I still listen to music that is stored on my phone, not streamed from the cloud.  The phone is a Samsung so I've been using Google Play to access the music library.  Now I cannot access the music, i just get a screen telling me that Google play has now moved to YouTube Music and (I think) it wants me to upload my music to the cloud so that I can stream it back to my phone.

Is there any other app that I can use to just access the music library on the phone and play it?

nicknack

• Hornblower
Re: Music on Mobile Phones
« Reply #1 on: 08 November, 2020, 11:18:20 am »
There are hundreds. I use the app that came with my Samsung phone. If you don't have the Samsung one just pick one of the music players in Google play store.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #2 on: 08 November, 2020, 11:26:39 am »
Thank you, I'll have a look.  The Google play app is the one that came with the phone (as far as I know), it was certainly the first one that popped up on the phone when I tired to play music.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #3 on: 08 November, 2020, 12:48:39 pm »
Vanilla Music is a nice simple thing, free / open source. https://vanilla-music.github.io/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 08 November, 2020, 12:51:55 pm »
I use VLC, largely because it works (including FLAC files), it doesn't have adverts, and I'm reasonably sure it's not malware.  There are probably better options.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 08 November, 2020, 01:05:38 pm »
I use VLC, largely because it works (including FLAC files), it doesn't have adverts, and I'm reasonably sure it's not malware.  There are probably better options.

Second vote for VLC.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #6 on: 08 November, 2020, 01:09:39 pm »
Foobar is supposed to be good and is freeware.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: 08 November, 2020, 01:13:22 pm »
I still listen to music that is stored on my phone, not streamed from the cloud.  The phone is a Samsung so I've been using Google Play to access the music library.  Now I cannot access the music, i just get a screen telling me that Google play has now moved to YouTube Music and (I think) it wants me to upload my music to the cloud so that I can stream it back to my phone.

Is there any other app that I can use to just access the music library on the phone and play it?

A quick look in the Google Play Store shows loads and loads of apps suitable for playing music on your Samsung.  And I believe that Samsung also has a music player app which may well already be installed on your phone.

I don't listen to music but I needed a player and downloaded an app called Audify from the Google play Store which works more than adequately on my Galaxy S9.

« Reply #8 on: 09 November, 2020, 07:49:29 am »
I use Poweramp. It isn't free, but at the time it seemed few applications met my basic requirements of easily selecting what I want to listen to, and being able to queue things up. That was many years ago though (Play Music was at that point only available in the UK by getting hold of the apk - so it's been and gone in the time I've been using Poweramp).