Author Topic: Covid tests travelling between France and Spain  (Read 966 times)

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
Covid tests travelling between France and Spain
« on: 24 May, 2022, 09:39:33 pm »
Will be staying in the Western Pyrenees and fancy a couple of routes that cross the border by little roads.  Any likelihood that I will need to have to prove a recent PCR test when I cross the border?  I will have passport and NHS App certificate of vaccination.
Eddington Numbers 131 (imperial), 185 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  116 (nautical miles)

Re: Covid tests travelling between France and Spain
« Reply #1 on: 25 May, 2022, 11:28:24 am »
Will be staying in the Western Pyrenees and fancy a couple of routes that cross the border by little roads.  Any likelihood that I will need to have to prove a recent PCR test when I cross the border?  I will have passport and NHS App certificate of vaccination.

Definitely no PCR test results required last month when I flew from France to Spain.
Reine de la Fauche

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 25 May, 2022, 11:39:26 am »
No test result needed when I crossed into Spain from Morocco and Gibraltar (don’t ask) a couple of weeks ago. I have not travelled into France for years now.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #3 on: 25 May, 2022, 09:11:27 pm »
As far as getting back into France is concerned I am not sure how much checking is done since you're inside Schengen. However check the small print, particularly regarding dates on your vaccination document, and read the small print on the french govt web site.
Madame and I are in a bit of trouble over this when we go to UK in august. I am over 65 so eligible for a booster, she is not. Her vaccination status runs out 09/08, messed up by both of us having the dreaded lurgy in april. We are set to recross 15/08! It looks likely that without PCR tests done in UK she won't be able to get home! (She is french, I'm british but that has absolutely nothing to do with it, the rules are simply french regs). If your vaccination status is not complete when you come back into France then expect a demand for tests, either lateral flow or PCR, same for everyone.
Oh and ..... don't catch the lurgy,even mild, it messes the dates up!

« Reply #4 on: 26 May, 2022, 07:49:09 am »
France to Spain land borders: checks were lifted on 18 May.

Spain to France, it's not entirely clear. There is an order in force allowing border checks until October. However, checkpoints being in operation is said to be sporadic. Even if you're checked for covid status, the NHS app is enough, no need for a test.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.