Author Topic: Small hand held vacuum cleaner  (Read 4142 times)

Re: Small hand held vacuum cleaner
« Reply #25 on: 21 January, 2023, 03:40:09 pm »
We bought the hand held "Bosch Home and Garden Cordless Vacuum Cleaner UniversalVac 18" (without 18V battery) recently.  Currently £43 without battery on amazon.  I already had a power tool with two 1.5Ah Bosch batteries + charger, so didn't get a battery specially, though the vacuum does make fairly short work of the 1.5Ah packs, so may get a 2.5Ah (~£35) or 4Ah.  Nicely portable with a range of nozzles, decent filter, battery indicator, decent suction of normal use.  The floor/carpet attachment is good for the stairs/light use, but the big vacuum is for the heavy duty jobs.  Crevice & brush heads work very well with one of the longer extension pieces...

Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #26 on: 22 January, 2023, 12:57:12 am »
the vacuum does make fairly short work of the 1.5Ah packs, so may get a 2.5Ah (~£35) or 4Ah.

Similarly for the Makita.  Stands to reason that running a powerful motor continuously gnashes through the charge at a fair rate.  It's more like an angle grinder or sander in that respect than a drill or circular saw.  (Of course, if you're doing serious vaccuming, you're not using a battery-powered handheld.)

Last time I looked the sweet spot for price:capacity for Makita batteries was 3Ah, so 2.5Ah sounds sensible.  I'm of the opinion that larger batteries are only worthwhile if you're away from mains power and don't have to hold the weight of the tool.  Two smaller batteries mean you can have one on charge while you use the other, rather than running a bigger one flat and having to wait.

« Reply #27 on: 22 January, 2023, 12:45:52 pm »
Troo dat.  :)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #28 on: 22 January, 2023, 02:11:09 pm »
OK it's not much help as you can't just go and buy one but I my £15 Lidl cordless is good enough for using at work every day, mainly for sucking up small amounts of sawdust and wood shavings and chips. A corded one would be OK too, and would last longer (no battery to wear out), but I bought what they had.

I even bought a second one for home use, where cordless is actually more useful.

« Reply #29 on: 24 January, 2023, 11:45:42 am »
I have a cordless Shark as my only vacuum cleaner and would definitely recommend it. It's light and compact enough to use on stairs, in the car, on my hard to reach velux windows, etc. Battery lasts over 30 mins, which is enough in my house. It's quiet and pretty effective at pet hair removal. When I had a Dyson Animal I used to need to use a manual tool to scrape pet hair from the carpet. The Shark just does it. The downside is they aren't at all cheap - but you can buy direct from the manufacturer and they often have big discount sales (30-40% off)

« Reply #30 on: 25 January, 2023, 09:30:03 am »
We replaced the Dyson with one of the cheaper Sharks.  It's a simpler device, with excellent pick up and doesn't need fixing all the time.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #31 on: 12 October, 2023, 08:33:25 pm »
Are these any good? Shark Wandvac 2.0

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shark-Cordless-Handheld-WV270UK-Lightweight/dp/B09NW6XGB5?th=1

The price is tolerable I suppose <grump>

« Reply #32 on: 13 October, 2023, 07:41:40 am »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shark-Cordless-Handheld-WV270UK-Lightweight/dp/B09NW6XGB5?th=1

If you're spending that much, why not get something like we have - https://www.vax.co.uk/onepwr-blade-4-pet-and-car-vacuum-cleaner.  It's probably available cheaper, it's a vacuum plus converts to a (large-ish I guess) hand-held.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #33 on: 13 October, 2023, 08:55:23 am »
We bought the Shark cordless Handvac Pet locally primarily for cleaning the car but also it has proven to be excellent for nooks and crannies around the house including cobwebs which seem to proliferate at this time of year.

I also used it for cleaning the tent inner recently.

Charge only lasts 15 to 20 minutes but it does a very good job imo.

I haven't actually tried the pet head yet and probably never will so I have no idea on how using it will affect battery life.

« Reply #34 on: 13 October, 2023, 05:22:43 pm »

If you're spending that much, why not get something like we have - https://www.vax.co.uk/onepwr-blade-4-pet-and-car-vacuum-cleaner.  It's probably available cheaper, it's a vacuum plus converts to a (large-ish I guess) hand-held.

Undoubtably it would do a good job, but it takes up nearly as much space as our main (corded) vacuum.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: 15 October, 2023, 03:04:26 pm »
There's a refurbed Shark handheld (not the same model number as you posted tho) on Backmarket for £89 just now, FYI.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.