Author Topic: This cycling thing  (Read 3026 times)

vince

This cycling thing
« on: 20 April, 2008, 10:31:34 pm »
Can be dashed difficult to get around to  :(

The week before last I got out several times (ok, once in a snow storm). This week I worked late or was tied up every bloody night. And then this weekend I was in beautiful Mid Wales, but frankly it was bloody cold, wet and miserable.

Somehow I have got to get out this week, or the rides I have planned in the summer are going to be painful.

Seineseeker

• Biting the cherry of existential delight
    • The Art of Pleisure
Re: This cycling thing
« Reply #1 on: 21 April, 2008, 07:25:56 am »
Get a home trainer?

« Reply #2 on: 21 April, 2008, 07:28:48 am »
I find that the idea of a home trainer is all the incentive that I need to get out and ride.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #3 on: 21 April, 2008, 01:28:40 pm »
Just get out there...

I am a bit downbeat about my cycling too, mostly down to the miserable spring we're having; but yesterday 40 miler did me some good. I was even tired after it, but glad I finally went out after 4 weeks without...
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Seineseeker

• The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #4 on: 21 April, 2008, 04:58:45 pm »
I find that the idea of a home trainer is all the incentive that I need to get out and ride.

You're not wrong there.

Seineseeker

• The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #5 on: 21 April, 2008, 04:59:19 pm »
Just get out there...

I am a bit downbeat about my cycling too, mostly down to the miserable spring we're having; but yesterday 40 miler did me some good. I was even tired after it, but glad I fiannly went out after 4 weeks without...

4 weeks without what exactly?  ;)

« Reply #6 on: 21 April, 2008, 05:14:22 pm »
He, he, he...
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
« Reply #7 on: 21 April, 2008, 08:18:39 pm »
I'm with Frenchie on this one.
Just do it - if you do something every day, it becomes a way of life and not a hardship.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: 21 April, 2008, 08:25:12 pm »
I commented to Mrs. TKP after Sundays Shenstone audax that had it been closer to home we may well have wimped out. Arriving at the start it was cold, damp and frankly miserable. Simply because we had travelled a considerable distance to the start and committed to a fellow ACFer aka Alan there was no question of not starting. The outcome was a really enjoyable day and after a couple of hours it even dried up.

Which is a very long winded way of saying, just get out and do it, as others said.  ;)