Author Topic: ie7 open new tab with current page  (Read 2472 times)

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
ie7 open new tab with current page
« on: 23 April, 2008, 06:23:10 pm »
In the olden days, without tabbed browsing, I just used to hit ctrl n, and get a new window which was already viewing the current page. How can I do this with tabs?

Any ideas?

Thanks

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: ie7 open new tab with current page
« Reply #1 on: 24 April, 2008, 09:06:58 am »
ctrl + t gets you a new tap.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2008, 12:49:12 pm »
ctrl + t gets you a new tap.

Yes, but not with the current page loaded.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3 on: 24 April, 2008, 01:10:34 pm »
Well, Ctrl+n still gets you a new window with the current page loaded, so I suppose you want it in the current tabs?
I actually prefer the "new window" rather than "new tab".  I find it a lot easier to Alt+Tab than to cick with the mouse.  (Perhaps 'cos I am left handed I find Alt Tabbing much quicker than fiddling with a mouse)
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #4 on: 25 April, 2008, 12:04:23 am »
Although I like tabbed browsing (which is funny as I hated Lotus Notes with a vengence when I was forced to use it for work - lost count of how many times I closed the application instead of just the email/whatever I was working on) I too prefer new windows and ALT-TAB.

At present I use tabbed browsing solely at work due to being able to minimise all internet when I get a visitor; but when copying data from one suppliers website to another website's input form I'm forever ALT-TABbing and wondering where my site has gone.

« Reply #5 on: 25 April, 2008, 12:22:16 am »
Well, Ctrl+n still gets you a new window with the current page loaded, so I suppose you want it in the current tabs?
I actually prefer the "new window" rather than "new tab".  I find it a lot easier to Alt+Tab than to cick with the mouse.  (Perhaps 'cos I am left handed I find Alt Tabbing much quicker than fiddling with a mouse)

Ctrl-Tab switches between tabs in the current window - no need to use the mouse.
(at least  in Firefox)

« Reply #6 on: 25 April, 2008, 05:44:41 am »
Ctrl-Tab switches between tabs in the current window - no need to use the mouse.
(at least  in Firefox)

This works for IE7 too.

« Reply #7 on: 25 April, 2008, 09:34:20 am »

(at least  in Firefox)

Ctrl-Tab cycles forwards through the tabs.
Ctrl+Shift+Tab cycles backwards through the tabs.

Much like Alt+Tab cycles forwards through the applications and Alt+Shift+Tab cycles backwards.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #8 on: 25 April, 2008, 09:44:56 am »
Alt+d, Ctrl+c, Ctrl+t, Ctrl+v
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●