Author Topic: Inspirational blog on BBC  (Read 1449 times)

Julian

• samoture
Inspirational blog on BBC
« on: 12 April, 2009, 10:09:08 am »
Anyone know this chap?  In fact, is he on here?  *looks round*

I spotted this item on the BBC website and popped over to have a look at his blog.  Very impressive.  :)

Chris S

Re: Inspirational blog on BBC
« Reply #1 on: 12 April, 2009, 10:12:05 am »
Snap! I spent a good half/three quarters of an hour having a read. Also downloaded the BHF Eatwell PDF for future reading. Also read his RR on the Mills and Hills Audax. Looks like a nice ride - but the wrong side of the country for me.

« Reply #2 on: 12 April, 2009, 10:32:00 am »
Been reading his GPS stuff for ages.

« Reply #3 on: 12 April, 2009, 10:54:57 am »
Ta. Will give it a read some point soon.

I'll also dig out my post from the 2007 Weight Loss Thread from my ACF archive to remind me of my achievement. I saw 94kg on the scales (albeit heavily hydrated and stuffed with food) at Christmas 2006 and decided that "Something Must Be Done". By Jan 2008 I was 78.9kg.

At 76.2kg I'll finally drop below the magic (but slightly meaningless1) BMI 25 barrier.

1. There are a lot of people who look fatter than me who have lower BMI.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

StanThomas

« Reply #4 on: 13 April, 2009, 05:18:00 pm »
Yes. Frank has done a couple of my rides and helped me out with GPS data. Quiet, unassuming chap. Doesn't go around bragging about how much he's done. Yet it's quite remarkable how he's turned his life around - going from seriously overweight and out of breath climbing stairs to riding a bike up some of the biggest hills I can find, in events that have been described as 'too hard' by some very fit locals.
I don't know what spurred him on to make such a dramatic change of lifestyle or where he found the determination but they should bottle it. I very pleased he's received some recognition. Chapeau.

StanThomas

« Reply #5 on: 21 July, 2009, 12:24:10 am »
Frank has just finished his first Etape du Tour in 9h34. 6216th out of 7396 finishers. :thumbsup:

<edit> and comfortably ahead of Etape enthusiast Ron Cutler  :o </edit>

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #6 on: 28 July, 2009, 11:59:57 am »
Great entry (and pictures) by Frank - it sounded like carnage when it came to Ventoux! Twould be something to aspire to one day.. :-\