Author Topic: Locking a unicycle  (Read 1004 times)

border-rider

Locking a unicycle
« on: 22 September, 2009, 04:49:47 pm »
Well, why would you ?

There was one locked up outside our Welsh class last night.  Me, I'd have just taken it in with me.

The rider spent ages unlocking it and then stashing the lock on a clippy thing behind the saddle.  Full marks for a stylish mount and negotiating a right-angle corner and two kerbs whilst eating his sandwich though :)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: Locking a unicycle
« Reply #1 on: 22 September, 2009, 06:26:24 pm »
I hate people who make unicycling look easy.  ;)  I bought one of those cheap Liddl/Aldi  ??? ones a while back and I just can't do it.

Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #2 on: 22 September, 2009, 07:11:51 pm »
In these days of litigation, he maybe was trying to avoid being sued by someone having a go on it and failing.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

robbo6

« Reply #3 on: 22 September, 2009, 07:21:59 pm »
There was a unicycle locked to the railings near a café by the river in Bordeaux a few weeks ago, possibly to stop it being thrown into the river by one of the people it had nearly wobbled into on the way.

« Reply #4 on: 22 September, 2009, 08:09:37 pm »
I lock mine if I'm away from it for more than a short while. This is probably influenced a bit when my wife and 5 others locked up their unicycles together (all 36" wheels) when they went to the pub for lunch on a ride. They came out to find the whole lot had been swiped. If you think it strange that someone would want to nick one, it must be very odd indeed for someone to pinch 6!

border-rider

« Reply #5 on: 22 September, 2009, 08:14:49 pm »
If you think it strange that someone would want to nick one...

I don't at all. What I found odd was that he didn't just take it in with him.  There'd have been no problem in doing so.

Speshact

• Charlie
« Reply #6 on: 22 September, 2009, 08:21:43 pm »
Maybe the owner thinks that choosing to do a Welsh class is weird enough without wanting to fess up to the classmates about also being a unicyclist?

border-rider

« Reply #7 on: 22 September, 2009, 08:31:02 pm »
Dunno if he was doing Welsh but it was all night school classes with associated earnest types, so yes, fair point :)

« Reply #8 on: 22 September, 2009, 08:45:04 pm »
Fair question had it not been for the inclusion of "Welsh class" (my italics).
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.