Author Topic: Hercules  (Read 1433 times)

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Hercules
« on: 05 January, 2010, 07:02:59 pm »
Back in 2003/4 there was a BBC 3 extreme sports challenge called Hercules - a bunch of athletes competed in mythic-themed challenges like throwing a rock all day or running a marathon in a giant hamster wheel. 

It was awesome.

It was especially awesome because the athletes got utterly ruined and then stuck, taped and pinned themselves back together while the presenter chewed the scenery.  Star of the show was Mike Dixon, an Olympian biathlete who blew a shoulder early on and survived with lots and lots of acupuncture and a metric crapload of Stiff Upper Lip with a side of True Grit. 

Anyone know if it's available on DVD?
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Re: Hercules
« Reply #1 on: 05 January, 2010, 07:09:44 pm »
The website is HERE. DVD? ... you've got no chance.
I remember it now... Avon/Paul Darrow from Blake's Seven.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

Really Ancien

« Reply #2 on: 05 January, 2010, 07:16:48 pm »
One of the contenders was Andy Wilkinson, record holder of the 24 hour TT at 525 miles, he did pretty well I think. Many here will know him from the Mersey Roads, all round nice guy.

Damon.

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #3 on: 05 January, 2010, 07:35:31 pm »
He's also record holder for LEJoG on a Speedy - just over 41 hours.  :o
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

Really Ancien

« Reply #4 on: 05 January, 2010, 07:43:11 pm »
He also holds the tandem record with Lynne Taylor. That's why the Cracknell-Romero attempt was so funny.

Damon.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #5 on: 05 January, 2010, 07:49:18 pm »
Oh excellent. He's speaking at our club dinner* - now I have something to ask him about :)

*And doing the morning-after club-run. I may have to have an early night.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles