Author Topic: Harlow's claim to fame  (Read 759 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Harlow's claim to fame
« on: 15 February, 2010, 06:12:20 pm »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/8515974.stm

:sick: :sick:

Mr Larrington won't be surprised.

I only weighed about 3 stone when we moved out of Harlot.
In 1964.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Harlow's claim to fame
« Reply #1 on: 15 February, 2010, 07:26:13 pm »
According to Wikipedia:

Harlow has one of the most extensive cycle track networks in the country, connecting all areas of the town to the town centre and industrial areas. The cycle network is composed mostly of the original pre-new town roads.

Obviously under-used, then.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #2 on: 15 February, 2010, 08:03:20 pm »
I can honestly say that I saw this piece of news before it was news...    In fact, I corrected some of the spelling. ;D

However, it is worth noting that the east of England has amongst the lowest rates of obesity - which, when Harlow has 37% of kids obese, says something about obesity rates...  :-\
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #3 on: 15 February, 2010, 08:07:14 pm »
I only weighed about 3 stone when we moved out of Harlot.
In 1964.

Dang, beaten to the classic "the 'T' is silent" gag!  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #4 on: 15 February, 2010, 10:20:36 pm »
Interesting that Wisbech is the capital for adults, not kids?

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #5 on: 15 February, 2010, 11:17:05 pm »
I was about 60 kilos when I moved out of that pretence for a town (18 - as soon as I could.)  I'll not be seeing that weight again.

I've still got a sister there and I'd not noticed little Essex-chavs were any lardier than others of the species. perhaps they sleep during the day and come out after dark to eat corpses - it's that sort of place.

I spent my formative years riding on the cycle tracks and most of them were purpose built. It was (mainly) nothing but fields before the new town came.
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie