Author Topic: Dog tows Bike  (Read 1827 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Dog tows Bike
« on: 15 May, 2008, 11:57:21 am »
A young chap who lives along the road from Chateau Wow was out with his dog yesterday, a lively young boxer. It was pulling him along on his bike on an extended lead.

Everything looked fine until the dog dodged round a protruding bit of fence, whereupon the cyclist realised he wasn't going to be able to steer round and applied the brakes.

The dog just carried on and the bike's rear wheel lifted alarmingly. The cyclist managed to avoid falling off, but it was a pretty inelegant end to what had looked quite good to begin with. He walked the last few yards home.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Re: Dog tows Bike
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2008, 12:01:23 pm »
Chortle :)
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2008, 12:07:33 pm »
that sounds like a larf, I might get this one hooked up tonight for a bit of up-and-down-the-road action - she might be small and skinny, but she goes like a rocket!

And thinking about it (she's my old folks' dog) they got a chest harness for her, so she could really give it some welly without choking herself :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 20 May, 2008, 05:38:25 pm »
You need one of these "springers" or similar. They work really well and damp the lurching when the dog suddenly speeds up.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.