Author Topic: Fountains Monk'y-business - 28Mar  (Read 1864 times)

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
Fountains Monk'y-business - 28Mar
« on: 03 February, 2010, 05:30:30 pm »
Anybody done this one before?

I'm just wondering where the route goes, as it will be My First Audax TM

I grew up in Wigginton (where it departs from) so I'm quite looking forward to it. Living in Sheffield now I quite like going riding around York, as it's a lot flatter than I'm used to.  :)

Re: Fountains Monk'y-business - 28Mar
« Reply #1 on: 03 February, 2010, 06:48:17 pm »
I've not done it before but I intend to this year Fountains Monk'y Business 28 March, I suspect it goes to Fountains Abbey

hulver

« Reply #2 on: 03 February, 2010, 08:25:54 pm »
I've not done it before but I intend to this year Fountains Monk'y Business 28 March, I suspect it goes to Fountains Abbey
Wow, I even posted in that thread. I think I'm losing my marbles.  ;D

Madcow

« Reply #3 on: 03 February, 2010, 10:03:56 pm »
Controls are Sutton on Forest (info),Aldwark Bridge(info),Boroughbridge(Morrisons),Studley park(info), Ripley castle tea rooms and then return toWigginton via Farnham,Ferrensby ,Aldwark br and Linton on ouse. (This was the 2008 version)
Its not totally flat, with the hills mainly between Ripon and Ripley, but you get a great freewheel down to Ripley.
Usually fairly well attended as its the first audax of the season for many York riders.

Steve GT

• Crediamo in te, bici!
« Reply #4 on: 08 March, 2010, 02:59:36 pm »
Like Hulver, I am a Audax 'virgin'. I have a quick question.
I have not received any routesheet or brevet card. Do you usually pick them at the beginning or will they be posted to you?

« Reply #5 on: 08 March, 2010, 03:00:51 pm »
Like Hulver, I am a Audax 'virgin'. I have a quick question.
I have not received any routesheet or brevet card. Do you usually pick them at the beginning or will they be posted to you?

Routesheet should be posted to you (usually about a week or two before the ride). You pick up the Brevet card at the start.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Steve GT

• Crediamo in te, bici!
« Reply #6 on: 08 March, 2010, 03:06:11 pm »
Ta Greenbank!

« Reply #7 on: 08 March, 2010, 03:07:06 pm »
I spoke with the organiser on Saturday, he was just processing the entries then so I suppose they'll be arriving soon.

hulver

« Reply #8 on: 08 March, 2010, 03:13:48 pm »
I spoke with the organiser on Saturday, he was just processing the entries then so I suppose they'll be arriving soon.

Excellent.

I'll be doing this on fixed, unless the routesheet has got any really nasty surprises. I like a few lumps.

« Reply #9 on: 08 March, 2010, 03:16:26 pm »

Excellent.

I'll be doing this on fixed, unless the routesheet has got any really nasty surprises. I like a few lumps.
The routesheet is on the North Yorks CTC page 2010 Calendar of rides in the York area

« Reply #10 on: 08 March, 2010, 09:35:22 pm »
Hmmm, I'm thinking about riding down to this one.  I'll have to re-jig my plans for that weekend, but it'd be great to see everyone - and it'd be my first ride in any sort of group since the Eureka.