Author Topic: Cycle Clothing For Children  (Read 1038 times)

Cycle Clothing For Children
« on: 12 March, 2010, 04:48:15 pm »
No2Son will be stoking arabella's tandem for me on next weekends WARTY.

This will be his longest ride. I'm not worried about the distance, after all, I fully expect him to just put his feet up if he's tired, but he will be sitting and probably pedaling on a bike for longer than he's done before, and I'd like him to have a decent pair of shorts to protect his tender wee arse.

Who does kids sizes that are any good?

(No2Son is aged 13 but probably age 11 sized, my offspring are pretty weedy/runty)

Re: Cycle Clothing For Children
« Reply #1 on: 13 March, 2010, 06:39:05 am »
If you can get to a branch of Decathlon they do kid's clothing, mostly with an MTB emphasis. My little'un has seemed quite happy in Polaris stuff, which was ordered from Chain Reaction Cycles.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #2 on: 13 March, 2010, 10:00:14 am »
How about trying a Small adult size of an Italian brand?  Italian stuff tends to be really small.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #3 on: 13 March, 2010, 11:08:23 am »
No2Son will be stoking arabella's tandem for me on next weekends WARTY.

This will be his longest ride. I'm not worried about the distance, after all, I fully expect him to just put his feet up if he's tired, but he will be sitting and probably pedaling on a bike for longer than he's done before, and I'd like him to have a decent pair of shorts to protect his tender wee arse.

Who does kids sizes that are any good?

(No2Son is aged 13 but probably age 11 sized, my offspring are pretty weedy/runty)

German Rose.de has a full line of kids cycling clothes, from bibs, padded shorts, to jerseys and technical rain gear:
https://roseversand.com/output/controller.aspx?cid=156&detail=2&detail2=486
The German brands Gonso and Protective makes above average quality clothes, but the house brand "Rose" offers good value for money.
I believe that return postage is included in the price, so if you don't like what your receive, you can send it back for free.
Their sizing is the standard European 116, 128, 140 ... scheme.
In like that Rose.de "translates" all the weird sizing charts into sizes that resembles ordinary clothing sizes, so that you don't have to know whether a size "large" is a small size large, or an Italian "large" meaning "XS".
In my experience they answer e-mail in English in a timely manner.

--
Regards
--
Regards

« Reply #4 on: 13 March, 2010, 08:58:36 pm »
Edinburgh Cycle Cooperative do some.

Kids Gear do some. I haven't use their own, but the polaris and altura stuff that I've used has been good. :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #5 on: 13 March, 2010, 10:51:01 pm »
I was going to say - EBC usually have a pretty good kid's clothing section.