Author Topic: Peter Stubbs  (Read 3261 times)

Peter Stubbs
« on: 06 May, 2010, 09:12:09 am »
Apolagies if this subject appears elsewhere, but the Audax category seems appropriate. The following text has been posted on the AUK forum by Philip Benstead:-

(05/05/10)
Dear all

One of the founder members of audax uk Peter Stubbs was kill yesterday on A20 wrotham hill kent

Was hit from rear by car , driver stop

Peter die of multi injuries

More detail to followed when learnt

If you wish attend the funeral please contact me

(06/05/10)

Dear All

Peter Stubb Fonder Member of AUDAX UK, member of CTC West Kent MG and
Catford Cycling Club

was killed on 04 May 2010 at 20.10 on A20 Wrotham Hill Kent on the London
bound side carriageway

By 20 year old female driver who drove her car into back of him, killed him
from multiple injuries

Peter was ridding alone.

Police were already on the scene for other matter, they arrest the driver.

Peter was married with two children

Funeral will take place at Longfield, Kent date time to be confirm

If anybody who knew, Pete who wishes to attend please contact me.

For my part. Any loss of life is very sad news, and in this case  particularly so, founder members of AUK are becoming thinner on the ground just recently. I never knew Peter  but my thought are with his family.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Re: Peter Stubbs
« Reply #1 on: 06 May, 2010, 11:23:36 am »
I never knew him, but so very, very sad indeed.

My thoughts and sincere condolonces go to his family at this very difficult time.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2010, 11:38:49 am »
Getting there...

Phixie

• No gears and all the ideas
« Reply #3 on: 12 May, 2010, 11:07:08 pm »
Following Mr Blacksheep’s recent post I have now learned the funeral details which for those who wish to attend are as follows:

The funeral service will be at 1pm on Friday 21st May at St Mary Magdalene church, Main Road, Longfield, Kent DA3 7PQ.
The body will then be brought to Medway crematorium at Blue Bell Hill for a short service at 14.40 and all are welcome to attend.
Light refreshments will be available in the church hall in Longfield.  Only family flowers. Please send donations to animal charities of your choice, not to the family.

Please let me know if you would like any more information or contact Paul McQuillen or Bob MacDowel.

Regards,
At the end of the day, when all's said and done, there's usually a lot more said than done.

Fixedwheelnut

• "If it ain't fixed it's broken"
    • My photos
« Reply #4 on: 16 May, 2010, 07:59:16 pm »
Just to add as Peter was also a Catford CC club mate of mine we held a minutes silence at the start of my Invicta 400km ride yesterday in his honor.
 He was a great bloke and greatly missed.
"Don't stop pedalling"