Author Topic: Knight and Day  (Read 976 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Knight and Day
« on: 09 August, 2010, 09:24:28 pm »
This film was everything I expected. It is National Lampoons Impossible Mission.

Witty, entertaining, silly. Suspend your disbelief and just have fun for a few hours.
It is not a serious film. The plot line is quite thin. The action sequences are well done and comedic in all the right ways.

High culture it isn't but entertaining it is.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
Re: Knight and Day
« Reply #1 on: 10 August, 2010, 09:40:43 am »
I saw the trailer and thought it looked really bad, but enjoyably really bad.  Glad to have that confirmed, will give it a look when time permits.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #2 on: 10 August, 2010, 09:43:59 am »
I saw the trailer and thought it looked really bad, but enjoyably really bad.  Glad to have that confirmed, will give it a look when time permits.

It is so bad it is good. IYSWIM.
The special effects are well done and there are some very funny bits.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #3 on: 10 August, 2010, 11:14:21 am »
I saw the trailer and thought it looked really bad, but enjoyably really bad.  Glad to have that confirmed, will give it a look when time permits.

I remember an article written many moons ago by David Langford for - if my memory serves - SFX magazine, where he described a ratings scale for books and films, which went something like this:

Good Good - it more than lives up to the promotional material and trailers.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Good Crap - surprisingly better than expected.   :thumbsup:
Crap Good - fails to live up to expectations, the trailer was as good as it gets.  :facepalm:
Crap Crap - as bad - if not worse - as could be expected.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

It could be argued that a "Crap2" movie is actually less disappointing than one that is "Crap Good", on the admittedly spurious grounds that if you knew it was going to be dire, you could hardly claim to be disappointed.   ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Zoidburg

« Reply #4 on: 10 August, 2010, 07:58:22 pm »
Does Tom Cruise still have the cold dead eyes of the freshly brainwashed?