Author Topic: Recommend LBS near Sudbury/Haverhill ?  (Read 1201 times)

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Recommend LBS near Sudbury/Haverhill ?
« on: 11 July, 2015, 08:17:15 pm »
Neighbour is being posted (or whatever it is they do to official $Deity botherers when they shift them to another parish; transmigration? transubstitution? I dunno) to somewhere in the Sudbury/Haverhill (Suffolk/Essex) neighbourhood and having just resumed cycling he will need access to a reliable LBS to cosset his 30 year old bike. 

Any suggestions that I can pass along to him?
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Re: Recommend LBS near Sudbury/Haverhill ?
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2015, 08:26:53 pm »
I have a mate in Foxearth who uses a LBS, or rather a workshop that he praises. I'll text him and see what it's called.

I'll be Bach...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2015, 09:09:10 pm »
I have a mate in Foxearth who uses a LBS, or rather a workshop that he praises. I'll text him and see what it's called.

I'll be Bach...

I'm guessing that would be The Cycle Clinic at Glemsford. A number of YACFers use this establishment...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

TheLurker

« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2015, 09:20:53 pm »
That looks perfect.  I think he's going to be in Clare so that'll be less than 5 miles.
TVM.

« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2015, 09:42:48 pm »
Sudbury CC are fans of Torque Bikes

TheLurker

« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2015, 09:49:52 pm »
Blimey, _two_ recommendations!  And there's me thinking the wild wild east is an howling wasteland bereft of all that might comfort the cyclist in his (or her) hour of need.  :)

Thanks folks.

« Reply #6 on: 11 July, 2015, 10:45:26 pm »
Are Lifecycle still at Bildeston? I've ridden one or two Audaxes that started opposite, but never made it in the door, so I can't recommend them as such, but they looked worth a visit.

« Reply #7 on: 11 July, 2015, 10:47:46 pm »
Yes they are but I would not recommend them.
(YMMV)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #8 on: 11 July, 2015, 10:49:48 pm »
All three mentioned above are excellent. I think there is a bike shop in Haverhill too - I have a Strava mate there; I'll check. Clare is a lovely place; I'm sure your neighbour will love it there. Beautiful countryside to ride in.

« Reply #9 on: 12 July, 2015, 09:47:30 am »
I'm guessing that would be The Cycle Clinic at Glemsford. A number of YACFers use this establishment...
Yep, that's the one...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #10 on: 12 July, 2015, 10:45:27 am »
All three mentioned above are excellent. I think there is a bike shop in Haverhill too - I have a Strava mate there; I'll check. Clare is a lovely place; I'm sure your neighbour will love it there. Beautiful countryside to ride in.

Aerocycles is the Haverhill shop, and they seem to be well-regarded. But Malcolm at Cycle Clinic is probably the best for old bike TLC.