Author Topic: Tempting fate? The Omega/Enigma saga...  (Read 2375 times)

Tempting fate? The Omega/Enigma saga...
« on: 20 June, 2008, 09:34:51 am »
As many of you know, the Vicky-Omega saga's been running since early 2005, when I originally ordered what I thought was my Dream Bike from Omega. Who made me a bike the wrong size. Who then went bust. And was then "taken over" by Enigma (Jim Walker). Who then offered to replace my ill-fitting frame with a new custom-built Enigma.

Big dos and little dos, I will finally be collecting my (second) replacement frame from Jim Walker on 12th July, in exchange for the old Omega. I am crossing everything that it's the right size, and turns out to be worth the 3 year wait, immense hassle and frustration.

I'm not getting too excited yet, but please keep your fingers crossed! I'll keep you posted.

:-\

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Tempting fate? The Omega/Enigma saga...
« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2008, 09:36:19 am »
Three years is an awful long time. It had better be good.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2 on: 20 June, 2008, 09:37:50 am »
Fingers crossed!  :thumbsup:

I hope everything works out for you, in part because I don't want to hear anything bad about Enigma.  I first learned of them at last year's Bike Show and I now dream of buying a custom built Etape.  In my case it mught be three years before I can afford one.  :-\
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Naggers

• Lost in a daze
« Reply #3 on: 20 June, 2008, 10:04:35 am »
Shocking really - 3 years to build something so small  ;)

Fingers crossed for you, Peli  :)

« Reply #4 on: 20 June, 2008, 10:09:16 am »
Shocking really - 3 years to build something so small  ;)
:demon:

Well they made one too big, then one too small, so hopefully this will find a happy medium.

:-\

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #5 on: 20 June, 2008, 10:10:47 am »
If one believes that enigma has nothing to do with omega - beyond the legal nicety that as separate companies they are separate legal personae - then replacing the frame like this is an act of pure generosity on their part. The magnitude of the generosity is lessened by the time taken, but it's still a Good Thing To Do.

I do hope the saga is drawing to a happy end.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #6 on: 20 June, 2008, 10:18:08 am »

Well they made one too big, then one too small,

I think you should call your new bike Goldilocks.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #7 on: 20 June, 2008, 10:20:40 am »
If one believes that enigma has nothing to do with omega - beyond the legal nicety that as separate companies they are separate legal personae - then replacing the frame like this is an act of pure generosity on their part. The magnitude of the generosity is lessened by the time taken, but it's still a Good Thing To Do.

I do hope the saga is drawing to a happy end.

Very true, and Jim Walker's definitely a Good Chap.

Still keeping my fingers crossed, though.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #8 on: 20 June, 2008, 10:23:57 am »
Yes.  You've been through a lot with this tale.  Just the other day, I was wondering whether you were sorted even yet.

Fingers crossed.
Getting there...

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #9 on: 20 June, 2008, 03:46:49 pm »
Got my fingers crossed. I've also got fingers crossed that they'll sell me your Omega on the cheap as it fits me perfect.

Dilema is then I'm still on the waiting list for my fully custom Jonny Cycles fixie.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Fi

« Reply #10 on: 20 June, 2008, 05:25:54 pm »
Fingers crossed Vicky.  Col says he wants a go on it, so it had better be right!

« Reply #11 on: 22 June, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »
Fingers crossed Vicky.  Col says he wants a go on it, so it had better be right!

:D he is very welcome to have a go on it - name the date!!

And sammy - I will have a word with them  ;)