Author Topic: OSM borked?  (Read 1212 times)

OSM borked?
« on: 05 September, 2010, 09:56:14 pm »
can't log in
reset password - still no
can't create new account because email address laready used

anyone else struggling?

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
Re: OSM borked?
« Reply #1 on: 05 September, 2010, 10:00:11 pm »
My account completely vanished, recently.  The site claimed that there was no account associated with my e-mail address, which is ridiculous.  If they're having that kind of problem with one set of data, I wonder how reliable they are with the map data.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #2 on: 05 September, 2010, 10:01:09 pm »
I just logged in, and it worked first time, which was a bit of a miracle because I wasn't sure I remembered the correct details!

So no, I'm not having any problems.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Richard Fairhurst

• on the trail of the little blue stickers
« Reply #3 on: 06 September, 2010, 09:49:14 am »
If you have a problem with your account like that, the easiest thing is to ask in live chat - go to irc.openstreetmap.org and ask if there are any admins around. (Or it's #osm on irc.oftc.net if you know all about IRC already. :) )

FWIW I haven't heard of any widespread problem with user accounts, but I know there've been a couple of odd teething problems when trying to apply more caching to the site recently.
cycle.travel - maps and route-planner

« Reply #4 on: 06 September, 2010, 10:58:38 am »
not really familiar with IRC but have posted a request on there now, as still cannot log in, despite resetting my password yet again this morning

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #5 on: 06 September, 2010, 12:21:20 pm »
Just tried and logged in just fine.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #6 on: 06 September, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »
now sorted,  thanks to Richard F on IRC