Author Topic: Anyone's Hayfever started yet  (Read 1448 times)

Anyone's Hayfever started yet
« on: 06 April, 2011, 02:04:13 pm »
Afternoon All

I was just wondering if anyone has started to suffer from hayfever yet this year?

I'm pretty suceptible to it and have started being a bit wheezy and coldy in the last couple of days and can't work out if it is hayfever or just coming down with something else.

Cheers
Chris

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
Re: Anyone's Hayfever started yet
« Reply #1 on: 06 April, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »
Me - Saturday was horrid.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 06 April, 2011, 02:09:48 pm »
Not me - I'm lucky enough that my hayfever has almost disappeared in the last ten years (though it was horrible before) - but one of our GPs is suffering.
Getting there...

« Reply #3 on: 06 April, 2011, 02:19:17 pm »
Me, I think. At least, on Saturday my eyes were so swollen I really had trouble getting contact lenses in.
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

« Reply #4 on: 06 April, 2011, 03:48:04 pm »
To my surprise mine has not started yet.  My surprise is because silver birch is one of my worst allergens, and I notice the silver birch in our front garden is currently covered in flowers.  Perhaps the pollen has yet to start dispersing.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 06 April, 2011, 03:49:23 pm »
Yup.  And the GP's computer wants me to see a doctor for a medication review and a nurse for an asthma review.  Fneh.

« Reply #6 on: 07 April, 2011, 04:33:22 pm »
Got itchy eyes on Sunday.My brother says the Hawthorn bush starts giving off pollen about this time of year.Ive noticed the rape seed plants starting to flower as well.Ho hum...

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #7 on: 07 April, 2011, 04:45:08 pm »
I seem to have a hayfever-triggered lurgy, which is ace.  The trees and oilseed rape are both going great guns down here in Devon. 
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #8 on: 07 April, 2011, 05:20:32 pm »
Today's hayfever compounded by bonus exposure to a (well-behaved, but still smells of wet dog) guide dog and an obscenely dusty server.  Piriton is my friend.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #9 on: 07 April, 2011, 05:24:06 pm »
Yup. Mine started for the very first time last year, and not to disappoint, has resurfaced this year too. Itchy eyes, sniffy nose. Blasted tree blossom.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #10 on: 08 April, 2011, 09:34:46 pm »
Yup started a bit today. These days I only get it a mild dose in spring. Twenty years ago it was like flu for the whole of summer. Gradually got better until now except for a few days in spring I hardly get bothered by it.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #11 on: 08 April, 2011, 09:39:18 pm »
The insides of my nostrils felt extra tender today.  This may be related to the oil-seed rape that I noticed flowering all around on my ride last night.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #12 on: 08 April, 2011, 09:43:41 pm »
I had to hike to the edge-of-town Tesco to get more different drugs.  Salmon days; struggle upstream and pray you hit paydirt before you DIE AND YOUR SINUSES EXPLODE OUT TAKING YOUR EYES WITH THEM.

As you can tell from the lack of an "OMG head asplode" gorepics thread, I barely made it.  Flixonase, oh flixonase, my sniffable steroid friend.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #13 on: 08 April, 2011, 09:49:22 pm »
The drowning in your own snot feeling is not good is it.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #14 on: 08 April, 2011, 10:47:11 pm »
I have this weird random occurence of streaming eyes and nose. It happens, then it stops, within a few hours. Mostly I notice it when riding. Nothing so far this year, but the last time was the middle of winter. Dunno whether it counts as hayfever. In my fairly cursory investigations, it doesn't seem to fit patterns.

Jakob

« Reply #15 on: 08 April, 2011, 11:28:49 pm »
Yeah, today. Wasn't sure if it wasn't just my regular sinus issue, so ignored it this morning...I then compounded it with the first Stanley Park morning ride of the year (loads of plum and cherry blossoms) and had about 10x more snot than regular and my eyes are now trying to crawl out of their sockets. Only 2 hours until I get to go home, so I wont have to make a dash to the pharmacy, I think.

« Reply #16 on: 09 April, 2011, 07:14:43 am »
Has come on this morning. Eyes feel raw and are leaking profusely, and my nose is streaming copiously. About to hit my stash of antihistamines.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #17 on: 09 April, 2011, 07:49:41 am »
Started last week.  I am now fully stocked up with Cetirizine.

Just as an aside, the Great Satan (a.k.a. Tesco) pharmacy can sell you a month's supply of its own brand antihistamines for £2 a pop over the counter - instead of the ususal £3-£4 for a week's worth it you buy it off the shelf.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #18 on: 09 April, 2011, 08:22:29 pm »
I´d left my prescribed antihistamines at work, so picked up some  Chloraphenamine tablets on the way to a kids classical concert. Pharmacist says ¨they might make you sleepy¨. I don´t remember the concert at all. I do recall waking up at one point, my head resting on my 16 month old (my wife was there too, before anyone involves social services), drool falling onto my lap. Apparently I fell asleep a number of ways, including head lolled back, snoring generously. Still, woke up enough to ride the 4 kids we took back in the trike. Legs feel utterly pumped.

« Reply #19 on: 09 April, 2011, 08:42:42 pm »
Nothing here yet  8), but early days, it seems to become less of a problem the older I get, or is it that my knees have become more of a concern :(