Author Topic: Cycling Weekly Bike test  (Read 1211 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Cycling Weekly Bike test
« on: 05 May, 2011, 03:29:21 pm »
Those prize regurgitators of press releases managed to do a very funny (and messy) test of sportive bikes in their April 28 edition.  It involved strapping eggs to the handlebars, loading coke in the bidons, and eating chips while climbing.

I thoroughly recommend it.

And yes, I know I bought the comic two weeks running, but they don't sell Cycling World in the newsagents at rail termini :(
Getting there...

Alouicious

Re: Cycling Weekly Bike test
« Reply #1 on: 06 May, 2011, 08:49:27 am »
Haven't  seen it, but it sounds like the kind of thing the three assholes on Top Gear would do with cars.

"Hey, ho. If Clarkson & co can get popular by doing stupid things with cars, why can't we do stupid things with bikes?"

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2011, 09:00:16 am »
I thought it was very amusing - and they still managed to make a reasoned assessment of the relative merits of the bikes. Nice to see the comic lightening up a bit!

« Reply #3 on: 06 May, 2011, 09:09:21 am »
I heard about this, it chimes in pretty well with attempts to assess vibration effects on cyclists. The rate at which Coke degasses is a pretty sophisticated measure.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #4 on: 06 May, 2011, 09:16:31 am »
Well, anything's better than "stiff yet responsive" and "beefed-up bottom bracket area".

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #5 on: 06 May, 2011, 09:20:32 am »
Well, anything's better than "stiff yet responsive" and "beefed-up bottom bracket area".

Stiff and responsive sounds good .