Author Topic: Wales in December  (Read 1763 times)

Wales in December
« on: 19 November, 2015, 11:30:11 pm »
I will be based close to Llanelli for the week leading up to Christmas (and likely until the Sunday after). I suspect I might be looking for some top up miles to try and get my 10k in for this year. If anybody lives in the area and is up for ride (conditions depending) it would be great to have some company. You might need to have some mercy on my Flatland legs though!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Wales in December
« Reply #1 on: 28 November, 2015, 09:27:02 am »
Awww mate, no replies  :'(. The writing is on the wall ... stay at home, there are no cyclists in Wales!

« Reply #2 on: 28 November, 2015, 09:41:57 am »
Awww mate, no replies  :'(. The writing is on the wall ... stay at home, there are no cyclists in Wales!

Oh there are cyclist in Wales, but they know what the weather is usually like during this period!

« Reply #3 on: 28 November, 2015, 10:21:09 am »
Sorry I won't be joining you but there's some great riding in the wild west!  I'd drive up to somewhere like Narberth and do a lap around the preselis, Fisguard, Newport, Cardigan then A478 back down.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #4 on: 28 November, 2015, 12:08:35 pm »
Current state of health, fitness and family commitments preclude anything over 20 miles, and more so over the Christmas period.
If you find yourself on NCR 82 between Llanybydder and Llandysul, you'd be welcome to drop in for a cuppa.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5 on: 28 November, 2015, 12:28:31 pm »
Don't forget to pay homage at Stradey Park and Heol Ray Gravell, which is a short ride away in Kidwelly.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #6 on: 29 November, 2015, 10:41:59 pm »
I'll probably have to talk to the inlaws then  ;D oh well, as Veloman says it's probably wise to stay indoors in that part of the world in December....I may still need some miles though!

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #7 on: 30 November, 2015, 11:26:47 am »
The Cambrian 1E takes you over the Mynydd Presceli but most of the hills are civilised.  It was done last weekend with 50mph headwinds - which should suit flatland legs rather than mountain goats.
Eddington Numbers 131 (imperial), 185 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  116 (nautical miles)

« Reply #8 on: 30 November, 2015, 01:21:15 pm »
hmmmm, that actually sounds like a cracking idea....best check with the boss first.

« Reply #9 on: 30 November, 2015, 05:08:12 pm »
hey mate, I have a 1e brevet card and I was thinking about tieing in a cambrian or two for the strava challenge. But this might not sit with your plans.
nam dan on fb

« Reply #10 on: 01 December, 2015, 10:50:52 pm »
 :thumbsup: sure I can get something lined up. I'll drop you a PM in the morning with some other details.

Are you considering the BCM again in May, seems to be a good Essex contingent signed up and I could not resist it!

« Reply #11 on: 03 December, 2015, 11:40:04 am »
yes considering the bcm and the mr pickwick 600. I have also entered the mille pennines  :facepalm:
nam dan on fb

« Reply #12 on: 03 December, 2015, 04:38:57 pm »
haha.....oh dear....I'm in for the BCM (several of the Essex chapter are) so you'll spot all of us taking photos of various hills!

I also have the Mr Pickwicks one on the radar but the Trans Penines although tempting is probably not going to go down too well at home...