Author Topic: Upper Thames - 5th November 2011  (Read 19339 times)

Re: Upper Thames - 5th November 2011
« Reply #125 on: 07 November, 2011, 06:58:29 am »
and on my drive home and during the log painful drag upstairs I vowed not to come last next year.

Next year I won't come last.

Promise.

A much better resolution would be ; next year I won't worry about coming last.

I'm usually towards the back of the field, if not last, myself so have some appreciation of how you feel. At first I used to stress over keeping the organiser waiting, now I don't. It's their choice to run the event and with that comes the possibility that they may have to wait right until cut off time for a rider, for whatever reason. So just relax and enjoy the ride and don't let your relative position bother you. The main problem I have found with being a slowcoach is that after the main field have gone past there is no one to chat to and I much prefer some company on a ride.

I couldn't put that better myself.  I don't imagine any organiser is worried about how late riders finish, provided they finish in time.  What does grate is when riders abandon and don't tell us.  We wait until the very end for someone who's not coming, and then phone around trying to check they're OK to be told "oh yes, he got home hours ago and is asleep in bed".  There were no instances of this on Upper Thames this year.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #126 on: 07 November, 2011, 07:57:20 am »
Next year I won't come last.

Promise.
Be a pillot onna tandem? You manage to come in last on that I will be impressed ;D

Edit: Actually, your plan should be to a) buy soot bling, b) race round sub-6, c) Sit in the Red Lion until 5s before control closing  ;D ;D
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Assasin

• It can only get better
« Reply #127 on: 07 November, 2011, 10:18:53 am »
Boab,
Love the 4 pack of buns.

But pink bar tape!

Arrrrghhhh how could you!!!!!

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #128 on: 07 November, 2011, 11:19:23 am »
Pink handlebars seem fashionable on girly bikes. It is noticeable that some are more dirty then others.

« Reply #129 on: 07 November, 2011, 12:05:12 pm »
Fret not. Mr O'tea, I am a dirty girl and it will show in my tape soon enough.

and Assassin, I don't think you can complain about pink tape given the Indian restaurant wallpaper layering of colours of tape that came off the front!

Chris S

« Reply #130 on: 07 November, 2011, 12:15:41 pm »
and Assassin, I don't think you can complain about pink tape given the Indian restaurant wallpaper layering of colours of tape that came off the front!

;D

Have you got a spare keyboard I can borrow? This one appears to be full of tea...

Assasin

• It can only get better
« Reply #131 on: 07 November, 2011, 01:41:04 pm »
Never had any tingly fingers with layers of tape dating back to the late Cretacious.
Mind you the Orange layer was a bit billious.

Just as long as it works for the Pilot that's all that matters

Don't you need a bag for your knitting on the back?
Not much else to do.