Author Topic: Got Olympics tickets? Don't expect to share your photos.  (Read 1253 times)

AndyK

Got Olympics tickets? Don't expect to share your photos.
« on: 24 April, 2012, 08:21:58 pm »
T&Cs on Olympic tickets prohibit the sharing of spectators' photographs on social networking sites or the internet.

'Images, video and sound recordings of the Games taken by a Ticket Holder cannot be used for any purpose other than for private and domestic purposes and a Ticket Holder may not license, broadcast or publish video and/or sound recordings, including on social networking websites and the internet more generally...

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Olympics_to_ban_social_network_photos_news_312374.html

Re: Got Olympics tickets? Don't expect to share your photos.
« Reply #1 on: 24 April, 2012, 08:43:39 pm »
I would like to see them try and enforce this if millions of people publish their stuff, especially of the cycling road events and the marathon.

sas

• Penguin power
    • My Flickr Photos
« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2012, 10:34:21 pm »
It only applies to ticket holders, so if you take a picture outside it doesn't apply to you. However if a ticket holder took a particularly good photo and it was sold for a bit of money I can imagine the excessively heavy hand of the Olympic authorities coming down.
I am nothing and should be everything

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #3 on: 24 April, 2012, 10:42:26 pm »
Wonder if it applies to volunteers. I'll be at Hyde Park Corner telling people to Not Cross Here for the road races.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Got Olympics tickets? Don't expect to share your photos.
« Reply #4 on: 25 April, 2012, 08:27:52 am »
Already happens in football. I know a site that got warned off hosting the video of the goals from the week before etc...

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 25 April, 2012, 08:34:06 am »
Frailty standard terms and conditions, I'd have thought, in principle, if not in detail.
It is simpler than it looks.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6 on: 25 April, 2012, 08:45:05 am »
Farcebook and YouTube will probably enforce it for The Man.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 25 April, 2012, 08:53:16 am »
Whilst it's plainly bollocks and yet another example of the batshit power that the LOCOCK is awarding itself, I strongly suspect that mass disobedience will be the order of the day here.

Yes, FriendFace and Twatter can and might enforce it for the man, but not if several million people are doing it all at once.  Too expensive.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: 25 April, 2012, 08:56:11 am »
You have to pay to cover the Olympics as media, so I can understand why they've put that in. I don't see how they can enforce that though. At least they haven't banned DSLRs like some concert venues.