Author Topic: I never ride my bike  (Read 5087 times)

Re: I never ride my bike
« Reply #50 on: 06 January, 2013, 09:48:37 pm »
I do really hope that happens some day  :)

I'm aiming to explore the idea of cycle camping this year, though I have yet to acquire any camping equipment. I might find my way to your neck of the woods in connection with that, in some way.

« Reply #51 on: 07 January, 2013, 05:39:15 pm »

I'm aiming to explore the idea of cycle camping this year, though I have yet to acquire any camping equipment. I might find my way to your neck of the woods in connection with that, in some way.

If you need to borrow anything, give us a shout :). We have everything. Twice.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #52 on: 07 January, 2013, 09:02:07 pm »

If you need to borrow anything, give us a shout :). We have everything. Twice.

Once I have the means of carrying my stuff fully sorted out, I'll head in the direction of Camping It Up, ask interminable questions, vacillate horribly, and start to gather up some stuff. Your advice will be appreciated :)

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #53 on: 15 February, 2013, 10:07:53 pm »
Or at least, hardly at all for the past 2 months :(

I've just been afflicted by some sort of fear as far as my commute goes. I guess it began with a flat move and not being familiar with the first part of my new commute. In addition, the new commute will only be 6 miles or so, so there is a part of me that feels that it is barely worth getting into the cycling togs for. Also, the new commute will be entirely urban, with no stretches that I can "get going" on, as there were previously.

But mostly, I think, it is because I have lost the will to fight my through the traffic. Each ride now is just a constant series of interactions or possible interactions during which I have to be constantly alert in order to avoid getting injured. At least my pre-move ride to work had a few nice stretches, or I could include a relatively pleasant stretch of the Thames path when I felt like it. I read "Rider down" on LFGSS too much. I see too much muppetry on the roads, as I observe from the footpath. Cycling is becoming a bit scary.

I've tried telling myself to MTFU. The bike is gathering dust. Advices for getting back on it? I miss the exercise badly, and the Oyster top-ups are hurting a bit.

I think a number of us have been there m'dear  :-[

I also think that the fact is, the longer you stay of it, the worse it gets - until you forget why you weren't on the bike in the first place.  :thumbsup: and then everything is bon.

Take care sweetie  :-*

H