Author Topic: Sports that aren't in the Olympics but should be  (Read 23631 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Sports that aren't in the Olympics but should be
« Reply #150 on: 14 February, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »
Bicycle high jump.-

As for bicycle long jump BUT, the launch ramp is adjacent to a dark coloured, matt painted wall/ board. The riders start at the same start point on the runway and the object of the event is to jump your bike and whilst airborne, tag the wall/ board with a hand to leave a mark. Winner is the rider leaving the highets mark. Legitimate jumps are those where the rider stays mounted until exiting the landing zone on an intact bike. Fingerless gloves to be worn to prevent 'finger extensions' being worn under long finger gloves.

IIRC they already do this at the X-Games, makes for some great viewing as the riders can sometimes try just a bit too hard to get a higher "jump" and over-cook it a bit :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #151 on: 02 March, 2013, 07:46:00 pm »
Armchair cycling pentathlon.

Armchair cyclists will be tested across 5 disciplines :

1. Orienteering - creating endless courses/routes/rides using Garmin Connect or Autoroute

2. Financial Control - spending endless hours clicking on web-sites admiring bikes/bike related gear without actually spending anything

3. Literacy - endless blogging and typing to test for "forumicity"

4. Observation skills - watching endless footage of cycling events/Tour de France/any cycling sporting event

5. Fitness - creating endless training plans which require constant adjustment

Note - all these events will require participation without actually getting on a bike

« Reply #152 on: 04 March, 2013, 02:09:52 pm »
Apparantly motorsport is more popular amongst the general population of Britain* than Athletics is. Therefore I think F1 should become an Olympic sport  :)

* And quite possibly the entire world

Powerboat racing and motorcycling are Olympic sports...

« Reply #153 on: 22 February, 2014, 09:55:07 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/evNi4_2qHPY&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/evNi4_2qHPY&rel=1</a>
Working my way up to inferior.