Author Topic: Raid Corsica Audax Club Parisien  (Read 1861 times)

Raid Corsica Audax Club Parisien
« on: 21 June, 2015, 05:51:28 am »
Anyone done this looking to go with a light bike to Corsica,seen a few tours go by but most do a circuit of the island and others a North or south with one mountain section.
Only the French clubs with DIY tours and a van seem to like the interior,.perhaps doing the Raid
Rapha do the best with lots of crossings and multiple cols each day but expensive.
Don't like the idea of eating out of the back of a van, but that's life
Europe-Active run this in May or September, and if you are into badges,cards etc you get a medal.

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
Re: Raid Corsica Audax Club Parisien
« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2015, 10:41:45 am »
I rode a lovely 1000k Corsica Raid, with 14,500 m of climb (ACP route, see Marmot tours website, over 6 stages) in 2013 and got a nice ACP badge for my trouble. :)

With Marmot you get a good level of support. Felt like  a real holiday!

However, for those with more time (as the raid has no particular time limit regulation) there is no reason why you shouldn't do the ride unsupported, or with a group of friends.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103516038499036836792/CorsicaRaidMay13 for photos. Beware the toe-munching not-so-wild boar...

''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

« Reply #2 on: 21 June, 2015, 06:21:16 pm »
As with Pete------ Marmot served up a great package---and the Raid Corsica remains as my best and most enjoyable Raid trip so far (having done Alps, Dolomites, Pyrenees too)

Corsica is so rural and wonderful  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and MT give you time for proper lunch stops etc as well as van support on road.
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

Ben T

« Reply #3 on: 21 June, 2015, 07:44:30 pm »
I would third the recommendation, marmot are excellent. Corsica is interesting place.

hillbilly

« Reply #4 on: 21 June, 2015, 08:02:33 pm »
Marmot are excellent.  And the raid Corsica is great - for such a small island it has such varied scenery.

« Reply #5 on: 23 June, 2015, 12:26:14 pm »
It's nice to have a break at a cafe/bar, don't want to eat out of the back of a van.

Ben T

« Reply #6 on: 23 June, 2015, 02:27:49 pm »
There are cafe bars every so often, at least at lunch time anyway - sometimes you don't need to stop at the vans, but they're there if you want.

« Reply #7 on: 23 June, 2015, 04:47:27 pm »
It's nice to have a break at a cafe/bar, don't want to eat out of the back of a van.

vans though also carry useful supply of water ;D---amazing how much you can get thro` if it`s hot
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #8 on: 24 June, 2015, 08:15:35 pm »
The best water is from the bars, ice and a slice of lemon.

« Reply #9 on: 24 June, 2015, 08:25:09 pm »
I recommend it.  Corsica is a  fantastic place to Tour quiet roads etc etc
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: