Author Topic: What do you think about whilst audaxing?  (Read 5673 times)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Re: What do you think about whilst audaxing?
« Reply #50 on: 30 June, 2015, 09:48:41 pm »
Anything and everything. What i know is if I'm thinking about how far it is to the next control and what the time is like I need to think of something else. I've been known to sing on rides, talk to animals, signposts (and even people!). Other thoughts include Looking at the scenery, telling my legs to stop moaning, explaining to the Police officers at 5am that "I haven't crashed and I intended to lie down here for a while", "er no I'm not drunk", "yes it is a long way", "I don't know either!" ...
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #51 on: 30 June, 2015, 10:13:07 pm »
**SEX** ...

And  how it will never be possible again, after the pounding my genitals are taking.
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #52 on: 30 June, 2015, 10:42:08 pm »
I like to spend my time concocting elaborate schemes to allow myself to give up work and spend all my time cycling
Audax Ecosse - always going too far

Charlie Boy

• Dreams in kilometers
« Reply #53 on: 02 July, 2015, 10:16:10 pm »
My most successful season to date* was fuelled by anger at an injustice in my life at the time. I was pleased to have PBP '11 to concentrate on and keep me out of the pub.

When I find it hard going I do shout encouragement to myself, sometimes rather loudly.

Occasionally I think about whether it's safe to fart out loud or not. Once on a Honiton 200 I decided it was, only to have Lord Audax glide silently past me at that precise moment. Ever the gentleman, he didn't day a word. But that could be why he chose then to overtake.

*The only one in which I got more than 2 points
Mojo is being awakened.

« Reply #54 on: 02 July, 2015, 10:45:14 pm »
Safety first!  Always do a shoulder check before a manoeuvre!

(and of course even on Audaxes, ladies don't fart, they glow)