Author Topic: SMF help please ....  (Read 678 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
SMF help please ....
« on: 14 August, 2015, 09:25:38 am »
I've installed Simple Machines Forum on our cycling club's new website - straight out of the box version, 2.0.10

In order to keep it simple I've pared it down to be pretty basic - but I'd really like to suppress a few things - I can't find the options in the config stuff - can anyone help please?

I want to NOT show :

1   Under the "Hello .... " line I don't want to see:  Show unread posts since last visit.  and      Show new replies to your posts.

2   At the bottom of the screen I don't want to see any of the   Users Online, Most online etc

3   In the posts I don't want to see the "stars" against the user (i.e. the position/number of posts ranking)

4    I don't want to see the "Search" box at the top (I've switched Search in all profile types but the input box still appears

That's it for now - all help appreciated

Thanks

Rob

contango

• NB have not grown beard since photo was taken
  • The Fat And The Furious
Re: SMF help please ....
« Reply #1 on: 21 August, 2015, 01:36:19 am »

Do you really want to disable "show unread posts since last visit"?

When I've used SMF I've found it really helpful to see what's new since I was last there.
Always carry a small flask of whisky in case of snakebite. And, furthermore, always carry a small snake.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: SMF help please ....
« Reply #2 on: 21 August, 2015, 08:51:05 am »

Do you really want to disable "show unread posts since last visit"?

When I've used SMF I've found it really helpful to see what's new since I was last there.

Yes - the way we are using the Forum is quite low key - participants will number probably less than 30 registered users and we expect to have very few live topics.

AND After lots of digging around in the code and applying some workarounds to the configuration options I've managed to solve points 2 & 3.

Rob