Author Topic: What month can a count a ride in for SR series  (Read 1287 times)

What month can a count a ride in for SR series
« on: 03 December, 2015, 06:26:55 pm »
If a 400km ride starts on 30 Apr and ends on 1 May, I assume it counts as a 400km ride in Apr not May.

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Re: What month can a count a ride in for SR series
« Reply #1 on: 03 December, 2015, 06:31:26 pm »
For an SR it doesn't matter, EXCEPT on 30 September/1 October, i.e. start of new season.  And then I think it counts on the date you started, i.e. the earlier season.

However, for RRTY then it's usually "so long as 200km of the ride was ridden in the month then you can claim it for that month, but not for both" — so a 600 straddling the date line could be claimed for RRTY purposes in either month, but not in both months.  But if you needed it to count in the earlier month then you could (probably) follow the standard AUK rule of it counting on the date it started and (sssshh!) I'm not sure anyone would notice  ::-)

That's my understanding of them pesky rules  :)
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #2 on: 03 December, 2015, 06:33:28 pm »
AUK results are normally recorded with the start date, whatever the distance or finishing date. Check with the records secretary to make sure.

Andy Corless

« Reply #3 on: 04 December, 2015, 01:17:18 am »
AUK results are normally recorded with the start date, whatever the distance or finishing date.

Indeed, and as wilkyboy says it would only matter at end of season - unless you were doing something like an SRRTY.

On the other hand, if you want it to count for the later month for RRTY, and you can, if necessary, demonstrate that you rode at least 200km of the ride in that later month, then Mike Wigley has said1 that he will be sympathetic.

1: elsewhere, and in a different thread.

« Reply #4 on: 04 December, 2015, 08:20:45 am »
if you want it to count for the later month for RRTY, and you can, if necessary, demonstrate that you rode at least 200km of the ride in that later month, then Mike Wigley has said1 that he will be sympathetic.

Sympathetic but only up to a point; it's up to you to convince me that at least 200km was ridden in your claimed month - so I'll need to see the brevet card with suitably placed and timed controls, or a GPX file that I can open easily without having to register for yet another website