Author Topic: Dilys - the hardest worker in Wales  (Read 1343 times)

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
Dilys - the hardest worker in Wales
« on: 16 June, 2019, 07:59:45 pm »
I've just been validating a Cambrian 1D permanent, where one of the controls is the petrol station in Mallwyd.  As usual I check the receipt and I'm always rewarded by the statement "Your operator today is Dilys"   

The accountant in me says that they never reset the till machine, but secretly, I wonder if Dilys is, in fact, a real person, and therefore the hardest worker in Wales?

Are there any other quirky proofs of passage that make people smile?
Eddington Numbers 131 (imperial), 185 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  116 (nautical miles)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Dilys - the hardest worker in Wales
« Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2019, 08:34:12 pm »
The accountant in me says that they never reset the till machine, but secretly, I wonder if Dilys is, in fact, a real person, and therefore the hardest worker in Wales?

Possibly a peripatetic EPOS configurationiser?

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

« Reply #2 on: 16 June, 2019, 10:58:28 pm »

Possibly a peripatetic EPOS configurationiser?

I fear an episode of Doctor Who.  A thousand identically Dilyses roaming the world reprogramming EPOS systems so that they hypnotise us and allow them to take over the world.

Or maybe I just rode too hard on the club run today?
Eddington Numbers 131 (imperial), 185 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  116 (nautical miles)

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

« Reply #3 on: 29 June, 2019, 05:43:54 am »
Hot on the wheels of Dilys are the diligent staff of the Pilgrim Tea Rooms in Brecon gave a time of 14:45:29.578.  So if you start and finish in that cafe you can have your event timed to the thousandth of a second.  Formula 1 timing comes to AUK  ;D