Author Topic: HELP! Installing Front SKS P35 Chromoplastic Mudguard on Genesis Equilibrium  (Read 2597 times)

Hi,

Just taken receipt of my new Genesis Equilibrium 10 and SKS P35 Chromoplastic mudguards. Rear one has fitted with relative ease, although some bodgery required with a washer to stop the screw on the chainstay side crashing into the chain. I also need to obtain a hacksaw to make it fit cleaner.

However, the front one is actually impossible in standard trim. There is no where to mount the bracket near the brake bridge as the joining nut that goes through the carbon fork to the brake bolt will not go through the gap in the mudguard bracket and if I tried putting the bracket with the brake bolt going through, there is no clearance for my tyre.

There are no alternative bolts supplied to make this possible. I'm hoping somebody else with experience of these guards and/or bike can help me out here.

Pictures attached for clarity.

Many thanks in advance,

Jon.

Chris N

Cut the top off the metal bracket or bend it forwards (above the brake bolt) so it clears the headset.

Use Sheldon's nuts, or similar, and mount the mudguard bracket behind the fork instead?

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
on my previously used steel commuter i've done what chris n is suggesting (bent top half of the tab forward)

I've done the chris n/zigzag bend; I've tapped the back end of the brake nut to take an M6 bolt because I'm too tight to pay for a Sheldon Fender Nut; I've mounted the tab behind the fork with two zipties, one over each shoulder of the fork crown.

All work. The zip ties are laziest, bending the tab takes the middle ground between looking neat and not needing much effort or new stuff, tapping or buying a Fender Nut is probably the best option.

Thanks all.

I went with the bend method and it seems to have worked well. Looks neat(ish).

I've done a lot of work on bicycles in the past, but this my first attempt at mudguards and it is one of the most difficult jobs I've encountered.