Author Topic: Richmond Park TT  (Read 1477 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Richmond Park TT
« on: 06 August, 2009, 09:14:53 am »
RICHMOND PARK TIME TRIAL ON SUNDAY
In an unprecedented move, London Dynamo have gained permission to hold two early-morning time-trials on a 10.4-mile route on a circuit in London training mecca Richmond Park.  If these pilot time-trials are successful, it is hoped that a series will follow in the picturesque Royal Park in 2010.

The event has already attracted a sizeable number of entries, including one from domestic time-trial titan Michael Hutchinson.

The first event is held this Sunday (August 9) with first man off at 6am, and riders starting at 30-second intervals. The second time-trial will be on Sunday August 23. There are no entries on the line: to enter, e-mail Rebecca at timetrials@londondynamo.co.uk.

For more details, visit London Road Cycling Club, Mountain Biking, Sportif, Road Racing, TT, Time Trail | London Dynamo.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Re: Richmond Park TT
« Reply #1 on: 06 August, 2009, 10:28:10 am »
Hutch writes about Richmond Park in The Hour, he said that in one year he clocked up over 500 laps of RP as part of his training.

More info on the CTT website here:-

Cycling Time Trials > Home

Good to see them not using Broomfield Hill. I saw the aftermath of another crash on there on Sunday with an ambulance picking up two riders.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2009, 10:31:51 am »
RP's a bit more lumpy than most TT courses.  Should be interesting :)
Getting there...

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: 09 August, 2009, 09:25:06 am »
Just got back!

This was my first ever TT so it was a bit demoralising to be registering while people were finishing.  I looked to be the least 'aero' person there (both in kit and fatness terms).  If anyone else from here was there, I was the sturdy bloke in the green yacf jersey wearing number 118.

I was last man off at 06:59:00 (well more like 06:59:03 as, like the fool I am, I fiddled with something at the last minute).

I enjoyed it (kind of), I managed to overtake the guy who set off just before me, passing him shortly after Richmond Gate which was good for my confidence.

My provisional finishing time was 31:20.  While I wasn't last, most of the field finished in under 30 minutes.  I'm happy with that as a first go - I had thought about the course and my times on various bits if the park and estimated that I might be around the 32-33 minute mark, so I was pleased with what I did.

With both the course and rider being lumpy, I was always going to slowed on the uphill bits but on the flat sections I was pleased with my speed  - after this ride, I'm confident that I could put in a time at least close to 25 minutes for a 10 one day and possibly better (after lots of training).

Having a HRM really helped (I bought one recently) as I knew I was putting in the most effort I could reasonably sustain for most of the course.

The next Richmond Park TT is on 23rd August and I'm already looking forward to it - get your entries in quick if you want to take part as it's filling up fast (NB, if you want to ride fixed, I overheard Rebecca saying that she was keen to get more fixed riders on the next one).