Author Topic: Think you are overworked?  (Read 1059 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Think you are overworked?
« on: 19 August, 2010, 02:47:47 pm »
Just found this, via jobserve.... :)

Internet Operations Support Consultant - Linux Apache Windows 
   Contract

Our client is leading global engineering company, who provide innovative solutions to help tackle the world's major challenges, across the key industrial sectors.

Job Description Fields

Required Skills:
Our client is leading global engineering company, who provide innovative solutions to help tackle the world's major challenges, across the key industrial sectors. We now require an Internet Ops Consultant to work on a 3 month contract to be based on the client site in Maidenhead.

Required Experience:
* Able to build and configure PoC environments to specification
* Ability to contribute to the Design of Internet operations related solutions including the use of White Papers and forums to research components to solutions.
* Able to provide guidance to internal and external customers on effects of low level change requests (eg impact of change to Apache settings)
* Demonstrable, technical documentation skills Self motivated and able to work to tight deadlines without supervision

Work Environment:
Essential:
* Recent and substantial skills and experience in a 3rd or 4th line support role (backed up by relevant certifications) in three out of the following areas.

Preferable:
* Good knowledge of remaining two areas. - Unix/Linux - Windows - Streaming/Broadcast - Network - Storage

Full time c40 hrs per day on site in Maidenhead (occasional travel to sites in London, so own transport preferred)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: Think you are overworked?
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2010, 02:51:27 pm »
Hmm.. requires excellent time management and multitasking skills.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2010, 03:31:33 pm »
Ability to Randomly capitalise words Useful but not essential.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #3 on: 19 August, 2010, 03:50:43 pm »
40 hours a day. I do that in my lunch hour ;D

Thats not overwork

« Reply #4 on: 19 August, 2010, 04:03:05 pm »
My favourite is:

Travel: 10%, one day per week

12 day week (assuming 2 day weekend)?
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."