Author Topic: Rule no. 1  (Read 1316 times)

Rule no. 1
« on: 10 November, 2009, 02:20:53 pm »
Just came across this video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Gbh8VSaivE&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/2Gbh8VSaivE&rel=1</a>

Rule No. 1 fail.  LOLOL!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

fuzzy

Re: Rule no. 1
« Reply #1 on: 10 November, 2009, 02:34:30 pm »
I thought this related to the Aussie comedy sketch-

Rule No.1- No............
 ;)

« Reply #2 on: 10 November, 2009, 06:27:14 pm »
 ;D

I wonder if they got the idea?

Isn't it funny that it's OK to overtake the cyclist, but they made no attempt to pass the queue of stationary cars.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #3 on: 10 November, 2009, 10:14:15 pm »
There was space to overtake the slower moving vehicle and pull in.  What's the big deal?  Mildly irritating perhaps but hardly worth the sanctimonious tone of the video clip. Happens all the time.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #4 on: 11 November, 2009, 07:56:46 am »
There was space to overtake the slower moving vehicle and pull in.  What's the big deal?  Mildly irritating perhaps but hardly worth the sanctimonious tone of the video clip. Happens all the time.

Not really - he had to brake hard for the end of the queue, and then got in the way of the filtering cyclist.  Dangerous, probably not, but stupid and impatient, definitely.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #5 on: 11 November, 2009, 08:52:48 am »
Yeah. I guess I'm just so used to the way people drive around London that I've become immune to stupidity and only get worked up when they actually go out of their way to make things difficult  :)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #6 on: 11 November, 2009, 08:57:12 am »
Oh I don't think Jon was worked up, I suspect he enjoyed showing the driver their stupidity!!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #7 on: 11 November, 2009, 09:00:46 am »
Probably three or four times a ride, I am prompted to comment to a driver as i overtake 'That was well worth it, wasn't it?' after just such a situation.

Cyclist in front == must overtake
Getting there...

« Reply #8 on: 11 November, 2009, 09:08:46 am »
It is a bit depressing though, that at least for those of us who cycle in London, that this "happens all the time".  Ho hum, another day commuting in London town...

(Actually I like commuting in  London, but it would be better without this sort of behaviour).
Actually, it is rocket science.

simonp

« Reply #9 on: 11 November, 2009, 07:24:36 pm »
Happens all the time in Cambridge.