Author Topic: Hampshire People: Local Transport Plan Consultation  (Read 839 times)

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Hampshire People: Local Transport Plan Consultation
« on: 03 November, 2009, 05:15:54 pm »
If you live in or regularly visit Hampshire then you may want to respond to the LTP consultation. It's online here.

There is so much manking and moaning on this forum about how crap councils are so please use your opportunity to have your voice heard. A good technique to add weight to your opinion is to write to your councillor expanding on your response.

Once I've made my own response, I'll make some specific comments here.

For an indication of the magnitude of the challenge, consider that the consultation document uses the word "cycle" once and the word "car" 27 times. Hmm.

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
Re: Hampshire People: Local Transport Plan Consultation
« Reply #1 on: 05 November, 2009, 03:09:22 pm »
Thanks Pancho - I'll try to find some time to review and reply to the questions.
Owner of a languishing Langster

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
Re: Hampshire People: Local Transport Plan Consultation
« Reply #2 on: 20 November, 2009, 12:59:24 pm »
Thanks Pancho.  As a Hampshire resident who subscribes to all manner of government update emails, I'm not amused that it took you to make me aware of it.  I will respond.  Lets hope it doesn't repeat the silly statement a local highway planner made, saying that Portsdown Hill was far too steep for trams...  I pointed him to the pictures of the horse drawn trams on the wall of the George pub.
Wombat