Author Topic: Scratchy cat (not surprising really)  (Read 1533 times)

mr_brooks

Scratchy cat (not surprising really)
« on: 11 September, 2010, 02:17:06 pm »
We found a very poor cat under my in-laws' hedge today. Or rather, my dog did, barking incessantly until I came to check what the problem was. It turned out to be a soaking wet cat, with its head firmly wedged in a tin can.

Poor thing was naturally terrified, and even with the help of a towel and gloves, I've got pretty shredded hands and arms. Managed to gently cut off the can with strong tin-snips (I thought 'we have to get this to work, or the father-in-law will suggest angle grinding it...' (!!)), and when we managed to free and release it, the poor creature exploded into a ball of spitting rage, and charged off into the distance.

I later realized what had spooked the dog so much...

"Quick! An alien! A f-ing metal-headed alien cat!!"

border-rider

Re: Scratchy cat (not surprising really)
« Reply #1 on: 11 September, 2010, 02:49:21 pm »
Nice work

:)

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #2 on: 11 September, 2010, 02:53:44 pm »
Poor thing indeed. 
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 11 September, 2010, 03:03:46 pm »
Poor thing! Well done.

Wrapping a cat in a towel is one way of avoiding the sharp bits.
It is simpler than it looks.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #4 on: 11 September, 2010, 05:13:47 pm »
And an antihistamine helps the weals go down afterwards, when the thing struggles out of the towel and lays waste to your tender flesh.

Top vetting. :thumbsup:
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #5 on: 11 September, 2010, 06:04:10 pm »
When I still lived at home, we had a few bird feeders, mostly the wire tube sort.  One of them had had the plastic lid chewed off by squirrels. One morning, I went out to fill the feeders and saw that this one was full of something black.  When I got close, I saw that it was a starling, totally wedged head down in the tube, presumably having gone in after the last few peanuts.  I thought it must be dead, trapped all night, but as I looked, it blinked...

So I had to lie the thing on the ground, and snip each wire with wirecutters, until I could open the tube up.  The bird blinked a bit more, stood up, flapped a couple of times and flew off.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

mr_brooks

« Reply #6 on: 11 September, 2010, 06:44:57 pm »
And an antihistamine helps the weals go down afterwards, when the thing struggles out of the towel and lays waste to your tender flesh.

Top vetting. :thumbsup:

Perfect timing with that recommendation - the scratches and weals are really itching right now.

Antihistamines and wine here we go...