Author Topic: YACF audax ecosse group perm 16th October 2010  (Read 9374 times)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
Re: YACF audax ecosse group perm 16th October 2010
« Reply #50 on: 17 October, 2010, 03:00:14 pm »
I need to get my route off to Eck pretty soon, but I've got a wee problem. Googlemaps says that Linlithgow to Longtown is 152km, but on Autoroute I have to start from Bo'ness just to make it 150km dead. Which is odd as Bo'ness is an extra 6km so should come out as 158km. Doesn't matter to me as I'll be cycling from Bo'ness anyway, but it means that Phil will need to start by cycling an extra 6km in the wrong direction.

If I had to stake a bet on it I'd take Google maps distances to be more accurate than AutoRoute's. I'll see what Phil wants to do.

Well we erred on the side of caution, started from Bo'ness, and the round trip came in at 318km from the Co-op, 321km from my house. So this round goes to Googlemaps.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #51 on: 17 October, 2010, 06:42:01 pm »
Looks like you had a good day, chaps, well done.   :thumbsup:
I look forward to receiving your cards in due course, and to finding out who bought the most Scotch Eggs.  :demon:
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #52 on: 17 October, 2010, 08:45:31 pm »
Looks like you had a good day, chaps, well done.   :thumbsup:
I look forward to receiving your cards in due course, and to finding out who bought the most Scotch Eggs.  :demon:
No Scotch egg for me I was seduced by the buttock shaped savoury or Cornish pastie of " the most arsiform food known to humankind, even crinkled along the rim as if they were an engorged perineum" (Credit to Will Self).

Bairn Again

« Reply #53 on: 18 October, 2010, 08:00:40 pm »
Well done chaps.

After about a zillion changes of plan (*) I managed out for a DIY 200 on Saturday, making heavy weather of a seemingly straightforward EH12 - Stirling - Auchterarder - Crieff - Comrie - Dunblane - EH12.  I must be suffering from the same malaise as Valkyrie, as I was riding through toffee in some places and was glad that i didnt push it to a 300k as I think I'd have struggled to keep up with that peloton and would have been oot til midnight.  Anyhow thats 50 pts in the bag for only the 2nd time for me so nae bad and its audax and times dont count.  I also had the plesaure of a trip through sunny Skinflats again and scenic Alloa on the way home.  I ended up at about 215k having failed to realise that the shortest distance to auchterarder was via sherrifmuir (as if I was doing that) and avoided a double dose of Grangemouth by going home via Clackmannan and Culross whilst tuned into Sportsound - Forfar Athletic and Brechin City are merging apparently.

Bumped into maverick on the strowan road between Crieff and Comrie he going t'other way - always fun to bump into other audaxers unexpectedly. 

Still up for the Saltire to bring the curtain down on the season, but I'll be fitting the HBFO lights.

(*) until about 9pm Friday I had planned to do the Border Hills starting from Innerleithen but my hire car only had a tiny glass hatch not a boot so the bike wouldnt go in without serious dismantling.       

ps - got to mention the serious audax TLC from the manager at BK at Forthbank in Stirling (I wasnt sure if Corrieris would be open).  Very interested in cycling and an offer of free coffee/water bottle top ups.  Most excellent and a pleasant surprise.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #54 on: 19 October, 2010, 12:10:26 am »
YLG, sounds like a decent day out but I think our ride would have suited you fine.  Some stretches were ridden like a frikin' TT :D