Author Topic: 200 DIY on Thursday Starting Musselburgh - Anyone Interested?  (Read 1975 times)

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
200 DIY on Thursday Starting Musselburgh - Anyone Interested?
« on: 26 October, 2010, 08:12:33 pm »
I've got a day off work on Thursday and am planning on riding my last DIY 200 of the season. 

Starting in Musselburgh, I'll be heading to Moffat, from there it's over to Selkirk before a blast up to Innerleithen and back to Musselburgh.  205km, route has been approved by Mr DIY Controller.

Any skivers/OAPs out there who fancy adding two points to the pot before the close of the season?

Re: 200 DIY on Thursday Starting Musselburgh - Anyone Interested?
« Reply #1 on: 26 October, 2010, 08:50:49 pm »
No thanks Kev taking the new kitties to the vet and saving myself for the weekend.
But good luck and hope you have sunshine all the way.

« Reply #2 on: 26 October, 2010, 11:13:13 pm »
No thanks Kev.  The weather is too good.  (Actually some of us have to work).

However, I am off on Friday and will be touring "the fleshpots of Fife" to quote one local DIY Permanent organiser.  I've also ordered real weather for real cyclists.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #3 on: 27 October, 2010, 07:38:09 am »
No thanks Kev.  The weather is too good.  (Actually some of us have to work).

However, I am off on Friday and will be touring "the fleshpots of Fife" to quote one local DIY Permanent organiser.  I've also ordered real weather for real cyclists.

In truth I'm only going to go out if the forecast includes temperatures in excess of 20c and 3mph winds.  I'm also holding out for 20 hours of sunlight.

Bairn Again

« Reply #4 on: 27 October, 2010, 11:33:36 am »
Nice idea.

Cant rejig work stuff unfortunately so will keep my powder dry for a possible weekend 200 (though unlike bodach my CBA levels have increased significantly since hitting 50 pts!). 

Have a good day. 

Graeme

« Reply #5 on: 27 October, 2010, 01:49:03 pm »
In a bit of particularly bad planning I was off today. However, as I awoke to the dawn chorus of people's wheely bins blowing down the street I decided it wasn't really the best day for the bike. I went submarine hunting in Aberlady Bay instead and found walking into the wind hard enough.
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #6 on: 27 October, 2010, 02:11:55 pm »
I went submarine hunting in Aberlady Bay

Did you catch any? :o
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

« Reply #7 on: 27 October, 2010, 02:35:34 pm »

Did you catch any? :o

I did find the 2 XT mini subs. Even although the RAF blew them up 60 years ago and they've definitely seen better days they'll probably be pressed back into service following the latest defence cuts :P
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs