Author Topic: Mapping website  (Read 1045 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Mapping website
« on: 21 July, 2011, 01:08:20 pm »
There was a website out there, perhaps based on Google maps, that let you do things such as planning routes and, more importantly, add your own landmarks.  There was a decent list of icons (bed, tent, pint glass, tea cup, etc) that you could use on the map, adding in comments for each marker.  Though it may have been GPS compatible, I used it without (never owned such a device).  You could save and share these online maps with others.

The problem is, I don't recall the name/url and can't find anything when searching.  Does the above description ring a bell?  Does anyone know of any similar sites?

{Moderators: I placed this here as being non-GPS specific, but feel free to move if you feel otherwise.}

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: Mapping website
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2011, 04:55:32 pm »
Bikely?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2011, 06:02:58 pm »
Sounds like the one John used for MC1K. Definitely had landmarks (pictures of dams, etc!). Very nice site.

Google says its here, but it's not responding right now:
http://www.routeyou.com/route/view/192889/cycle-route-mille-cymru-3-return-of-the-dragon.en
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3 on: 14 August, 2011, 10:03:22 pm »
Found it!

It was 'My Places' in Google Maps.  :facepalm:
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: