Author Topic: Book him Danno ! Remake of Hawaii Five-O on Sky 1  (Read 2851 times)

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
Book him Danno ! Remake of Hawaii Five-O on Sky 1
« on: 07 February, 2011, 07:51:09 pm »
Anyone watch this last night ?  I was drawn to it by the piece in the Radio Times where upon stating that it features Battlestar Galactica's Grace Park it noted that 'she likes to do most of her crime solving in a bikini'  Sounds like my sort of show !  Having now watched it I can confirm that bikinis are much in evidence, as are machine gun shoot-outs, cool dude sunglases, gorgeous Hawaiian scenery and - most importantly - the original theme tune  8)  There's some good banter but I wish they'd leave out all the emotional baggage stuff.
Aero but not dynamic

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Book him Danno ! Remake of Hawaii Five-O on Sky 1
« Reply #1 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:53:16 pm »
Bikini crime solving? Where does it rank alongside Baywatch Hawaii or the Knight Rider remake?!?

[Freeview only here.]
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #2 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »
I was very impressed by the flatness of the stomach of the (forgotten her name so I'll simply refer to the> female officer in the newspaper article at the weekend. Sadly (or not) we are a Sky free household.

« Reply #3 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:36:02 pm »
Grace Park in a bikini..... :P   Time to get a googling for pics !  (another Murdoch free household)
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #4 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:40:40 pm »
They seem to have made the team some sort of edge of governance CI5/Torchwood outfit.  Was it like that in the original ?  And I'm sure they've lifted the in car banter between McGarrett and Danno straight out of Starsky and Hutch.  I thought the second episode was better than the first.   
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #5 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:43:52 pm »

Paging Mr Gates............whom ISTR is a Grace Park fan...
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #6 on: 12 July, 2011, 06:45:12 pm »
Well, all good things must come to an end - Sunday saw the last in the series and very enjoyable it's been too !  But judging by the (humungous) cliffhanger with which they left us I'm confident that a second series is on its way  :thumbsup:
Aero but not dynamic