Author Topic: PBP Video by Brooks  (Read 1533 times)

Angstbremser

• Zwei Minuten einwirken lassen
  • not the nature of Audax
PBP Video by Brooks
« on: 25 March, 2012, 01:18:27 pm »
Hello,

I wonder if this has already been posted here (a brief search showed no results): Brooks have recently placed a PBP video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7XBWB9cLB0

Quite nice, I think.

Ciao, Gernot

Re: PBP Video by Brooks
« Reply #1 on: 25 March, 2012, 02:12:32 pm »
Nice to see a video from someone who didn't get the press pack. So no footage of Sophie, Drew or the Claas brothers. A good selection of faces though, good to see the Elgin boys, and a glimpse of Aldo Mangione, but not his Swiss Army Bike, perhaps if it had a Brooks. Nice shots of the Eiffel Tower as well, I must have been too tired to notice it on the ride.

« Reply #2 on: 27 March, 2012, 01:20:03 am »
We do good product placement for Brooks, don't we?  I don't mind, though, as I think my B17 may  be the single most important bit of equipment on my bike.
Bill Watts

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2012, 06:57:53 am »
Oddly, a pretty low profile on the Brooks product set, I thought.

H

« Reply #4 on: 27 March, 2012, 07:27:38 am »
Oddly, a pretty low profile on the Brooks product set, I thought.

H

There were no end of people filming PBP. I'd have been happy to brand up a short film for anyone who wanted one. I don't know if Brooks sent anyone out themselves as such. It's difficult to make any return to offset the expenses of covering PBP, but it's such a compelling subject that it's satisfying to do simply as an exercise.
I'm coming at it from another angle, trying to capture an event I love and seeking to understand it better. PBP is part of a 2 year cycle which includes LEL. Just doing LEL would halve the chances to embrace new equipment and techniques. I stand more chance of a return from LEL as last time I made the official DVD.
I got some interest for the PBP DVD from Taiwan, and I sent a free copy of the LEL 2009 DVD, I hope it doesn't put them off.

« Reply #5 on: 27 March, 2012, 07:39:38 am »
A(nother) lovely little film!

Obviously it's impossible not to watch it without looking out for pictures of me or people I know.

Nice short pieces from JJ and another UK rider that I don't know.  There was also a good shot of George, LWAB's friend from Australia who rode out with us

And, at 5:55 - right before the end - I recognised Tomsk's teddy-bear bar-bag mascot, stopped the film, and realised that it was juxtaposed with my Brooks saddle!  The Carradice hack (piece of garden cane and two key rings) gives it away like a fingerprint! 

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 28 March, 2012, 07:14:04 am »
....And suddenly I'm back there!

- Le p'tit urs s'appel 'Hubert' ['Oo Bear' en Anglais] ...Groan [in English]

« Reply #7 on: 28 March, 2012, 08:22:41 am »
.....and matinee idol JJ at 3.50.... Great shots of the spectators too, can't wait for the next renewal
#makewattsnotwar