Author Topic: Route sheet etiquette  (Read 4607 times)

Hillbilly

Re: Route sheet etiquette
« Reply #25 on: 07 June, 2012, 06:39:53 pm »
<Off topic>
Perhaps the emphasis should be on riders announcing they are doing a ride (or "liking" it) rather than some central solution that not everyone will appreciate.  The kind of thing that facebook is useful for (but the AUK website doesn't currently facilitate).
</Off topic>

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #26 on: 07 June, 2012, 06:43:55 pm »
The emphasis here is on answering riders' queries of the form:
"I entered 3 months ago and have not heard back. Am I in?"

The rest can be solved by YACF and other frivolous social media :)

@Feline:
I thought you did the LVIS event? Did you (or anyone else that entered) object to your presence being advertised?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Hillbilly

« Reply #27 on: 07 June, 2012, 07:13:51 pm »
True.  I disappeared down the rabbit hole of another thought process  :)

More in tune with the topic, as an organiser I wouldn't want to make the start list for my events public.  People can email/phone me to check, which in any case I would prefer, as it means I get first hand feedback that something might not be going down well and needs addressing. 

Route sheet etiquette
« Reply #28 on: 07 June, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »
Could the auk site not have list of events entered under the members' login so it is private and doesn't show all the entries for an event ?

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #29 on: 07 June, 2012, 07:32:02 pm »
<Off topic>
Perhaps the emphasis should be on riders announcing they are doing a ride (or "liking" it) rather than some central solution that not everyone will appreciate.  The kind of thing that facebook is useful for (but the AUK website doesn't currently facilitate).
</Off topic>
good idea. it would get round dpa fud&angst and encourage membership. mebbe in five years or so we'll be ready...

« Reply #30 on: 07 June, 2012, 11:25:35 pm »
The emphasis here is on answering riders' queries of the form:
"I entered 3 months ago and have not heard back. Am I in?"

The rest can be solved by YACF and other frivolous social media :)

@Feline:
I thought you did the LVIS event? Did you (or anyone else that entered) object to your presence being advertised?

No, their 200 was the day after the Dean 300 which I did ride so didn't enter this year. I must remember to enter under a pseudonym next year  ;D

« Reply #31 on: 07 June, 2012, 11:42:58 pm »
It's up to organisers whether they publish entry lists on their websites. Unless they specifically gained your permission as a condition of entry I think you could ask for your name to be omitted or removed.

Time trials  and road races do have published lists, but then they're competitive events.