Author Topic: Battle Mountain 2012  (Read 9001 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Battle Mountain 2012
« Reply #25 on: 15 September, 2012, 06:44:51 pm »
Seems it may be possible to get a reasonably accurate time for Jan-Marcel's run last night from the on-board video footage.  Initial analysis suggests a speed in excess of 79 mph, though whatever figure is finally agreed on probably won't be officially official.  Sergei elected not to run this morning due to his foot; probably very sensible as it was pretty windy for the entire time.  AurĂ©lien had another go but went down when released by his sk8r d00d - seems the bike needs to be doing about 25 mph before it becomes a workable proposition.  Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow.  We haven't had the debrief yet so I don;t have any speeds yet.

If this comes out as gibberish it's because my cheap-ass reading glasses are somewhere out in the desert.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #26 on: 15 September, 2012, 09:02:57 pm »
My cheap-ass reading glasses have been found.  Hurrah!

We just had the Highway Patrol round to pretend to arrest Sebastiaan and issue speeding tickets to everyone who went over 70.  Except Greg Thomas, who has already fled the jurisdiction, and Yannick Lutz, who we think was hiding under his bed at the Big Chief.  Lots of photos which I probably won't be able to upload for a while as it's the awards ceremony tonight and I need to get up at stupid o'clock tomorrow.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #27 on: 17 September, 2012, 04:10:28 am »
Not much to report from the final session that Thomas van Schaik made up for his disappointment over the past two events by hitting 75.78 mph.  We didn't hear the decimals at first as the cheering was probably loud enough to be heard back in town.  Photos of the various japeries are on their way to ye flickr stream as I combine typing and planning ways to murder the noisy rednecks next door.  Alternatively there may be a spate of car door banging at six tomorrow morning.

Sent from Rawlins, WY, where it is windy.  This is normal for Wyoming.  If coming, bring a jumper.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #28 on: 17 September, 2012, 08:47:47 am »

Sent from Rawlins, WY, where it is windy.  This is normal for Wyoming.  If coming, bring a jumper.

Duly noted, thank you. Filed away for future use if we should ever get the chance to go to Devil's Tower
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.