Author Topic: Good price Moulton TSR 8 Bike...  (Read 5095 times)

Good price Moulton TSR 8 Bike...
« on: 24 January, 2012, 09:56:22 pm »
This looks a very competitive price:-
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pashley/moulton-tsr-8-bike-ec014828?query=moulton

Thought I would post it here in case anybody was interested. Brings it into cyclescheme range!

Re: Good price Moulton TSR 8 Bike...
« Reply #1 on: 25 January, 2012, 01:23:08 pm »
Bear in mind that is the non separable version which IIRC is about 150 to 200 quid cheaper than the separable.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #2 on: 25 January, 2012, 02:10:15 pm »
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #3 on: 25 January, 2012, 02:17:36 pm »
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pashley/moulton-tsr-8-bike-ec014828?query=moulton

Thought I would post it here in case anybody was interested. Brings it into cyclescheme range!

I wish they made that with drop bars, Versa shifters and Alfine.

« Reply #4 on: 25 January, 2012, 08:01:23 pm »
Bear in mind that is the non separable version which IIRC is about 150 to 200 quid cheaper than the separable.
Well blow me down. I didn't realise that. Google searches seemed to suggest otherwise, must be slight variations..

« Reply #5 on: 27 January, 2012, 12:47:07 pm »

The spec for that Moulton is for the original TSR8, superseded a year or two ago. I'd lay money that this is an out of date ad, and if you tried to buy one at that price, you'd find out that Evans couldn't get it, and that the list price for a TSR8 was in fact £1200.

If anyone has bought one at that price, I'd be interested to know though! Otherwise, I reckon you could take advantage of the 10% CTC membership discount to get £120 off.

Quote from: PeteB99

According to the Moulton website, the TSR2 or TSR8 are now only avaliable as seperable frames. While the TSR9, 27 and 30 supposedly are available as both seperable and fixed, everywhere I've looked only list the seperable models

« Reply #6 on: 27 January, 2012, 12:59:12 pm »
If you click on the questions link someone has asked if it is separable - 2 out of 3 answers say no. Whether these answers are from the shop or from other prospective customers isn't entirely clear.

I think that price is about rightish for a last years model without the separable link.

I don't know why they would only offer the TSR8 as separable when they continue the TSR9 in both versions - Anecdata When I bought my TSR9 from Bicycle doctor in Manchester they couldn't recall ever selling a non separable TSR.
― Douglas Adams