Author Topic: Odd shoulder problem  (Read 1056 times)

Odd shoulder problem
« on: 05 October, 2012, 10:43:20 am »
Any thoughts as to what this might be?

Awoke on Monday morning with a stiff and painful R shoulder, pain centred over the distal end of the clavicle. No cause that I can think of. Then over the next few days it got more painful, getting really quite intense, making it difficult to raise the arm above chest height. After 2 days I noticed quite intense redness and some swelling right over the "head" of the collar bone. That redness is beginning to go away, as is the swelling, but slowly. Feel ok otherwise.

???

Re: Odd shoulder problem
« Reply #1 on: 06 October, 2012, 03:46:24 pm »
Not really! By your use of words such as 'distal' I'd guess you have more idea about what's going on than most.

Off to the GP with you!

I was drawn to this thread as I've had a stiff neck for the last few days meaning I can't spin my head round quickly. I'm guessing my problem is  caused by sleeping on my front and/or having a too high pillow, and is more to do with the muscles connecting my scapula to my spine than with my clavicle. I think. (I get this every now and again and don't think it's particularly serious)

'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim KrabbĂ©. Possibly

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2012, 04:38:02 pm »
Recent GI trouble? urethritis? eye trouble? psoriasis?
Reiter's Syndrome!!!!

« Reply #3 on: 07 October, 2012, 09:36:59 pm »
Not really! By your use of words such as 'distal' I'd guess you have more idea about what's going on than most.

Off to the GP with you!

Not my area though, joints, and after calling my GP for an appointment it seems I am no longer registered with them due to a house move.

Internet forum diagnoses are fraught with pitfalls, to be sure, but I was just curious to see if any one else had experienced this. It is mostly better now, still a bit of swelling and that odd clearly demarcated red patch right over the tip of the bone. By the time I get a new GP sorted out this week, there'll be nothing to show him / her.

Recent GI trouble? urethritis? eye trouble? psoriasis?

No to all of those, but I do have a very small lump in my neck on the opposite side. That's the only other thing that is not as it should be. So, off to the GP with me indeed.

walterrichmand

« Reply #4 on: 02 March, 2013, 10:13:01 am »
There are lots of people who face with shoulder and muscles problems. Just few month, I have same problem and when I woke up from bed suddenly there was lots of pain my shoulder. I was using muscles cream which is really help for me. I don't exact name but it give me better relief.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5 on: 02 March, 2013, 10:22:40 am »
Back to the OP; 5 months on, I'd imagine it's resolved ages ago.
Some connective tissue diseases can behave like this.
Not really worth pursuing unless symptoms recur.