Author Topic: Neither Artistic nor Entertaining  (Read 4116 times)

gonzo

Re: Neither Artistic nor Entertaining
« Reply #25 on: 24 September, 2008, 03:23:05 pm »
JBV is a problem.

We agree on something  :o

His brother's a pretty good comedian though, so it's sort of like the mythological good and evil brother thing going on!

Tiger

« Reply #26 on: 24 September, 2008, 03:31:45 pm »
R4 is OK except for one thing - the voices. I don't know what they do in the mixing desk with sound technology but they manage to make everyione sound like a well modulated middle class smug person. It is absulutely at its worst when they are doing book stuff - interviewing authors etc - nobody actually sounds like that in real life!

« Reply #27 on: 24 September, 2008, 04:18:40 pm »
It's the BBC version of RP isn't it. They do it so that the maximum number of people can easily understand the programs.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #28 on: 24 September, 2008, 04:21:19 pm »
I used to think that the queen lived at the BBC, cause they were all posh and talked funny.  Not like real people.
Getting there...

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #29 on: 25 September, 2008, 11:39:30 am »
It's the BBC version of RP isn't it. They do it so that the maximum number of people can easily understand the programs.

Maybe my clear RP is why they like me so much. I've been on Jeremy Vine and R5Live but R4 is the one that keeps having me back...

LEE

« Reply #30 on: 25 September, 2008, 01:00:11 pm »
"Listen Again" saved my sanity.

Now I can pick and choose the best bits from any station (No Radio 1 show meets 'the best bits' criteria).

PS. Is it legal to kill Chris Moyles yet?  His show sounds like a bunch of drunk builders discussing today's Daily Mirror.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #31 on: 26 September, 2008, 06:39:24 pm »
Right now the News Quiz is on Radio 4. Very entertaining  :thumbsup:
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #32 on: 01 October, 2008, 04:21:44 pm »
Gosh - I was about to post that those two irritating tracks seemed no longer to exist in transientpopstationland, but that 'American Boy' nonsense has popped up.

Seems to be mainly stuff with annoying overuse of the Vocoder.  I got bored of that with Peter Frampton... ::-)

Getting there...

« Reply #33 on: 01 October, 2008, 09:27:30 pm »
Never mind, Clarion...me and my sister are going to see the Ting Tings at Brixton Academy in a few months...be rude not to, what with it being round the corner from me...wanna come?  ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #34 on: 01 October, 2008, 10:24:52 pm »
I'm worried though - I like another Sugababes track.  They are good,
Getting there...

« Reply #35 on: 02 October, 2008, 11:44:56 am »
Wahey! Ed Reardon's Week will be back on Monday! (at 11:30 - they really ought to put it on at 18:30, but when did the BBC ever listen to its listeners... must remember to set timer to record it).

It can't possibly be as good as the last series, can it?  ???
Profit or planet?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #36 on: 02 October, 2008, 11:49:10 am »
Not one of my faves.  Currently being repeated on BBC7, and not growing on me at all.  Just like John Shuttleworth, Dave Podmore and Count Arthur Strong, I can live with not 'getting' Ed Reardon. 

Mildly diverting.
Getting there...

« Reply #37 on: 02 October, 2008, 11:53:43 am »
Not one of my faves...
I see... you have just admitted to enjoying a Sugababes track, though  ::-)
Profit or planet?