Author Topic: Wireless mouse for Macbook.  (Read 915 times)

Wireless mouse for Macbook.
« on: 22 March, 2015, 01:17:49 pm »
Dumb question really, but if i purchase a bluetooth mouse (not the Apple one), do I need to use the receiver dongle, or can I just pair it with the built-in bluetooth of the Macbook? 'Cos the macbook only has the one USB connection available, and I'd like to keep it free of mouseness.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Re: Wireless mouse for Macbook.
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2015, 02:40:39 pm »
You don't need to use a dongle if you've got bluetooth built-in BUT check the mouse is Mac OS X compatible - not all of them are.

Seriously consider the magic mouse, it may be expensive but it really is very good. First hit on google for reviews: http://bluetooth-mouse-review.toptenreviews.com
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

« Reply #2 on: 22 March, 2015, 02:46:11 pm »
Thanks - and I had seen that review, which commented on the size of the dongle the Microsoft mouse used, and prompted my question  :thumbsup:

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 22 March, 2015, 04:02:02 pm »
If you do find a mouse that you like and it doesn't appear to be supported try USB Overdrive. It allows you to use stuff that there aren't drivers for.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #4 on: 22 March, 2015, 04:32:20 pm »
Thanks for that. I've got a used Magic Mouse off t'bay so will see how I get on with it before trying anything else.

ian

« Reply #5 on: 23 March, 2015, 11:54:09 am »
Yes, the Magic Mouse is a thing of joy. The trick is not to use the gorilla grip popularized by other mouses, it just takes two fingers to nudge it around. My only gripe was the buggering back-swipe to previous page in Chrome which I finally figured how to turn off (you'd get half way through filling out a form or you'd just have the DON'T DO ANYTHING, DON'T EVEN BREATH!!!! warning that comes up after clicking 'pay' and your index finger would inadvertently whisper across the mouse, and argh, fucknuckles, let's call the damn thing off).