Author Topic: Have you been out today?  (Read 2545972 times)

Re: Have you been out today?
« Reply #23950 on: September 15, 2020, 09:18:02 pm »
A short ride to Windsor for a breakfast at the garden centre with bjorn notp .we then went to bjorn s home to fix a broken gear shifter before cycling out to maidenhead via brAY . Bjorn s gear cable snapped so back to bjorn s home to fit a new cable and   change his pedals from flat to clipin one's . On my way back home I stopped to talk to a pair cyclists who had ridden to Windsor from London. They  may appear on the forum 😀. About 18 pottering miles  :)
the slower you go the more you see

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #23951 on: September 15, 2020, 09:25:32 pm »
They  may appear on the forum 😀.
Wot, more of them? !!1!!?! You running a one-man recruitment drive? !!?!1!!?
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

« Reply #23952 on: September 15, 2020, 09:42:24 pm »
Sunday, we went for a quick up and down loop in the South Downs. Met a chap wheeling his bike the other way.

Me:  "Do you need a hand ?"
Him: "No thanks, my rear mech has failed."
I check bike and sure enough, the rear mech and chain are missing.
Him:  "And that was my spare."   !!

Anyhow, he only had about another 10 minutes walking and then a glorious down hill to get him home.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #23953 on: September 16, 2020, 07:59:12 am »
They  may appear on the forum 😀.
Wot, more of them? !!1!!?! You running a one-man recruitment drive? !!?!1!!?
Yes  ;D
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #23954 on: September 17, 2020, 05:59:23 pm »
I went out for an 1.5 hours this morning with a friend. 530m in 27km, including a gnarly little lane out of Ewden Village called Bankside, around 10% for at least 1km.

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #23955 on: Yesterday at 05:49:07 pm »
Did the gravel road from Plantation Hill to Cottington's Hill today, with a socking great tailwind to push me up.  Fun!  Then looped back south of Basingstoke to take more gravel roads through Five Lanes End on my road bike pretending I was on Strade Bianche.
Eddington Numbers 125 (imperial), 175 (metric) 528 (furlongs)  112 (nautical miles)

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #23956 on: Yesterday at 08:38:04 pm »
A post-prandial jaunt awheel, exploring the environs of Badminton. Strong wind but, unusually, from the east, which meant a headwind on the way out and "going well"(C)Rogerzilla on the way back. I'd wanted to test how my Garmin plays with my new bar bag. The test was inconclusive; the mount will probably have to be moved but I'll have to do a repeat test when I've actually got charged batteries in it.  :facepalm: Enjoyed the ride though, and loads of other cyclists out. Also good to see that most (not all, of course) drivers are keeping up the wide-passing habits they acquired in lockdown.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...