Author Topic: Igaro D1 USB Dynamo Power Converter  (Read 56633 times)

Re: Igaro D1 USB Dynamo Power Converter
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2019, 03:14:44 pm »

c) I got 4 of the D1 foam frame blocks. Not quite sure why.
Because as a commercial entity they will have to pay for disposal of unsold products? If they send 4 blocks to each D2 customer the can reduce (or remove) there stock and thus save on disposal costs.
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2019, 06:09:11 pm »
making pins more robust would be a good idea. something in the shape of tabs of son dynohub perhaps? otherwise a nice little unit!

simonp

• Omnomnomnipotent.
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2019, 06:14:54 pm »
It does look neat. USB-C connector is an interesting innovation. I think I'll order one when stock is available.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2019, 08:27:22 pm »
Seems ok so far, will attach to bike, shame there wasn't an option to have a plugged power option as in the D1 so rather unplumb all the existing wiring for my D1 I've knocked up a plugged lead sacrifice of a capacitor unit I had unused f I'm my D1.

I've got some USB C leads arriving tomorrow, a C-A socket and a C-Micro B lead suspect I'll stick with the C-A as I can then easily replace the end cable if it breaks.

No idea where I'll mount it, suspect I'll silicon the usb port and hang from the aerobars with a couple of cable ties when I'm happy with it.
Regards,

Joergen

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #304 on: September 11, 2019, 02:09:53 pm »
Hmmm that didn't last long...   anyone else using theirs yet, can you confirm if there is supposed to be an LED on or not when it is working, mine worked and now doesnt work.  Cables all 'bell out ok' so pretty sure it's the D2.  Glad I didn't take the D1 off the bike whilst I was trying this!
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #305 on: September 11, 2019, 08:25:52 pm »
Working - steady LED
Working, no or small USB power consumption - steady with off-blip
Initialise/warm up - flashing
Disabled due to dynamo lights - brief flash, then unlit

The manual also says
When the bicycle begins to move the Igaro D2 assesses whether dynamo lights are connected. For this reason it is important to only turn your dynamo lights on when at a stop as doing otherwise could result in dim dynamo lights
Could be irritating with a sensomatic light, having to stop to get proper lights at dusk, or when entering a tunnel.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #306 on: September 11, 2019, 08:33:11 pm »
Could be irritating with a sensomatic light, having to stop to get proper lights at dusk, or when entering a tunnel.

The newer B&M lights just use the sensor to switch between daytime visibility and illumination mode.  I think they're following some DRL regulation or guideline or something?  I preferred the old senso behaviour.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2019, 12:26:30 am »
Working - steady LED
Working, no or small USB power consumption - steady with off-blip
Initialise/warm up - flashing
Disabled due to dynamo lights - brief flash, then unlit

The manual also says
When the bicycle begins to move the Igaro D2 assesses whether dynamo lights are connected. For this reason it is important to only turn your dynamo lights on when at a stop as doing otherwise could result in dim dynamo lights

Ta - I've been in touch with Andrew and I'm shipping my D2 back to him to investigate.
Regards,

Joergen