Author Topic: Heard today (A thread for wildlife sound recordings?)  (Read 3516 times)

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
Re: Heard today (A thread for wildlife sound recordings?)
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 09:58:09 pm »
I put together some stills with the audio I recorded on Talisker Bay, Skye:

Worth listening with headphones on!   :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_5QNTzsiVY

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 07:51:48 am »
I've recently taken delivery of a couple of AudioMoth recorders so took the opportunity to try them out. Unfortunately the software I was using to find bat calls was not well behaved so I had to scan through the files. Seems to work well, until one took a dive off the raining and into the Tay. Fortunately it hit the wall on the way down which bounced it out and onto a bit of mud above the water so I was able to scramble down and rescue it.
I was comparing various enclosures to see how badly they attenuate the noise. Result is I need to do a bit more work on mine.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 11:42:08 pm »
I put the audiomoths in a local park. You do get strange looks wandering across the grass with a two section ladder :)
Unfortunately my maths was out by a bit (I was winging it) and the cards ran out of space. This is a bad thing as there is no filesystem protection - it will corrupt the filesystem and potentially destroy the card. Both of these happened. One card recoverable (and I got about 10% of the data). The other toast. literally.

Hard lesson learned.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2018, 09:34:37 pm »
Here is a recent recording I made at Pittenweem, down by the old sea water swimming pool.

I used my Olympus LS 14 digital audio recorder, with a furry wind shield over it's built in microphones. 

Best to listen in HD mode on the youtubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KyhXDFkncM